Quality of life: An approach integrating opportunities, human needs, and subjective well-being
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 61 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peyton Young, H., 1998. "Social norms and economic welfare1," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 821-830, May.
- Robert Cummins & Richard Eckersley & Julie Pallant & Jackie van Vugt & RoseAnne Misajon, 2003. "Developing a National Index of Subjective Wellbeing: The Australian Unity Wellbeing Index," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 159-190, November.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2003.
"What sustains social norms and how they evolve? The case of tipping,"
- Azar, Ofer H., 2004. "What sustains social norms and how they evolve?: The case of tipping," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 49-64, May.
- Norton, Bryan & Costanza, Robert & Bishop, Richard C., 1998. "The evolution of preferences: Why 'sovereign' preferences may not lead to sustainable policies and what to do about it," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 193-211, February.
- Griewald, Yuliana & Rauschmayer, Felix, 2014. "Exploring an environmental conflict from a capability perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 30-39.
- S. Marale, 2012. "Shifting role of ecology in solving global environmental problems: selected practical tools," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 869-884, December.
- Brand, Fridolin, 2009. "Critical natural capital revisited: Ecological resilience and sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 605-612, January.
- Murtaza, Niaz, 2011. "Pursuing self-interest or self-actualization? From capitalism to a steady-state, wisdom economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 577-584, February.
- Luc Ootegem & Elsy Verhofstadt, 2012. "Using Capabilities as an Alternative Indicator for Well-being," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 106(1), pages 133-152, March.
- Koen Decancq & Luc Van Ootegem & Elsy Verhofstadt, 2013.
"What If We Voted on the Weights of a Multidimensional Well‐Being Index? An Illustration with Flemish Data,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 34, pages 315-332, 09.
- K. Decancq & L. Van Ootegem & E. Verhofstadt, 2011. "What If We Voted On The Weights Of A Multidimensional Well-Being Index? An Illustration With Flemish Data," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/762, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Koen Decancq & Luc Van Ootegem & Elsy Verhofstadt, 2011. "What if we voted on the weights of a multidimensional well-being index? An illustration with Flemish data," Working Papers 1110, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Murray Rudd, 2011. "An Exploratory Analysis of Societal Preferences for Research-Driven Quality of Life Improvements in Canada," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 127-153, March.
- de Vries, Bert J.M. & Petersen, Arthur C., 2009. "Conceptualizing sustainable development: An assessment methodology connecting values, knowledge, worldviews and scenarios," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1006-1019, February.
- Francisco Zorondo-Rodríguez & Erik Gómez-Baggethun & Kathryn Demps & Pere Ariza-Montobbio & Claude García & Victoria Reyes-García, 2014. "What Defines Quality of Life? The Gap Between Public Policies and Locally Defined Indicators Among Residents of Kodagu, Karnataka (India)," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 441-456, January.
- Claudia Kettner & Angela Köppl & Sigrid Stagl, 2014. "Towards an operational measurement of socio-ecological performance," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 52, WWWforEurope.
- Orlando Gomes, 2011. "The hierarchy of human needs and their social valuation," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 237-259, February.
- Huang, Ganlin & Zhou, Weiqi & Ali, Saleem, 2011. "Spatial patterns and economic contributions of mining and tourism in biodiversity hotspots: A case study in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1492-1498, June.
- Christian Schubert & Andreas Chai, 2012. "Sustainable Consumption and Consumer Sovereignty," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2012-14, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Edson Tandoc & Bruno Takahashi, 2013. "The Complex Road to Happiness: The Influence of Human Development, a Healthy Environment and a Free Press," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 537-550, August.
- Epaminondas Panas, 2013. "Homeorhesis and Indication of Association Between Different Types of Capital on Life Satisfaction: The Case of Greeks Under Crisis," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 171-186, January.
- Gianna Moscardo & Laurie Murphy, 2014. "There Is No Such Thing as Sustainable Tourism: Re-Conceptualizing Tourism as a Tool for Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(5), pages 2538-2561, April.
- Haas, Reinhard & Nakicenovic, Nebojsa & Ajanovic, Amela & Faber, Thomas & Kranzl, Lukas & Müller, Andreas & Resch, Gustav, 2008. "Towards sustainability of energy systems: A primer on how to apply the concept of energy services to identify necessary trends and policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4012-4021, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.