Social metabolism in an agrarian region of Catalonia (Spain) in 1860-1870: Flows, energy balance and land use
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schandl, Heinz & Schulz, Niels, 2002. "Changes in the United Kingdom's natural relations in terms of society's metabolism and land-use from 1850 to the present day," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 203-221, May.
- Giampietro, Mario & Bukkens, Sandra G. F. & Pimentel, David, 1994. "Models of energy analysis to assess the performance of food systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 19-41.
- GiamPietro, Mario & Pimentel, David, 1991. "Energy efficiency: Assessing the interaction between humans and their environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 117-144, November.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Haberl, Helmut, 2002. "The process of industrialization from the perspective of energetic metabolism: Socioeconomic energy flows in Austria 1830-1995," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 177-201, May.
- Haberl, Helmut & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Krausmann, Fridolin, 2001. "How to calculate and interpret ecological footprints for long periods of time: the case of Austria 1926-1995," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 25-45, July.
- Kuskova, Petra & Gingrich, Simone & Krausmann, Fridolin, 2008. "Long term changes in social metabolism and land use in Czechoslovakia, 1830-2000: An energy transition under changing political regimes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 394-407, December.
- Ramon Garrabou & Enric Tello & Xavier Cussó, 2006. "Between specialization and globalization. The marketing of agrarian products and its environmental impacts seen from a historical perspective: the province of Barcelona in the mid-nineteenth century," UHE Working papers 2006_06, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Guzmán, Gloria I. & Alonso, Antonio M., 2008. "A comparison of energy use in conventional and organic olive oil production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 167-176, October.
- Fridolin Krausmann & Heinz Schandl & Rolf Peter Sieferle, 2007.
"Socio-Ecological Regime Transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom,"
Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series
2007-05, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Schandl, Heinz & Sieferle, Rolf Peter, 2008. "Socio-ecological regime transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 187-201, March.
- Barca, Stefania, 2011. "Energy, property, and the industrial revolution narrative," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1309-1315, May.
- Iriarte-Goñi, Iñaki & Ayuda, Maria Isabel, 2008. "Wood and industrialization: Evidence and hypotheses from the case of Spain, 1860-1935," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 177-186, March.
- Otero, Iago & Kallis, Giorgos & Aguilar, Raül & Ruiz, Vicenç, 2011. "Water scarcity, social power and the production of an elite suburb: The political ecology of water in Matadepera, Catalonia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1297-1308, May.
- Enric Tello & Marc Badia-Miro & Xavier Cusso & Ramon Garrabou & Francesc Valls, 2008. "Explaining vineyard specialization in the province of Barcelona (Spain) in the mid-19th century," Working Papers in Economics 201, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Schwarzlmüller, Elmar, 2009. "Human appropriation of aboveground net primary production in Spain, 1955-2003: An empirical analysis of the industrialization of land use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 282-291, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.