Fair adaptation to climate change
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 56 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Driesen, 2003. "The Economic Dynamics of Environmental Law," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262541394, January.
- Daniel Bromley, 2004. "Reconsidering Environmental Policy: Prescriptive Consequentialism and Volitional Pragmatism," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(1), pages 73-99, May.
- John M. Gowdy, 2003.
"The Revolution in Welfare Economics and its Implications for Environmental Valuation and Policy,"
Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics
0315, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- John M. Gowdy, 2004. "The Revolution in Welfare Economics and Its Implications for Environmental Valuation and Policy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(2), pages 239-257.
- repec:dar:vpaper:33632 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roughgarden, Tim & Schneider, Stephen H., 1999. "Climate change policy: quantifying uncertainties for damages and optimal carbon taxes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 415-429, July.
- Finn Arler, 2001. "Global Partnership, Climate Change and Complex Equality," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 10(3), pages 301-329, August.
- Michael C. Farmer & Alan Randall, 1998. "The Rationality of a Safe Minimum Standard," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 287-302.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & Smith, Joel B. & Tol, Richard S. J., 1999. "Weathering climate change: some simple rules to guide adaptation decisions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 67-78, July.
- W Neil Adger, 2004. "The right to keep cold," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(10), pages 1711-1715, October.
- Krasner, Stephen D., 1982. "Structural causes and regime consequences: regimes as intervening variables," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 185-205, March.
- Adam Rose & Brandt Stevens & Jae Edmonds & Marshall Wise, 1998. "International Equity and Differentiation in Global Warming Policy," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 25-51, July.
- Carsten Helm & Udo E. Simonis, 2001. "Distributive Justice in International Environmental Policy: Axiomatic Foundation and Exemplary Formulation," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 10(1), pages 5-18, February.
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2000. "In defence of historical accountability for greenhouse gas emissions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 185-192, May.
- Neil Leary, 1999. "A Framework for Benefit-Cost Analysis of Adaptation to Climate Change and Climate Variability," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 307-318, September.
- Lasse Ringius & Asbjørn Torvanger & Arild Underdal, 2002. "Burden Sharing and Fairness Principles in International Climate Policy," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, March.
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karen Pittel & Dirk Rübbelke, 2011.
"International Climate Finance and its Influence on Fairness and Policy,"
- Karen Pittel & Dirk Rübbelke, 2013. "International Climate Finance and Its Influence on Fairness and Policy," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 419-436, 04.
- Dirk Rübbelke, 2011.
"International Support of Climate Change Policies in Developing Countries: Strategic, Moral and Fairness Aspects,"
- Rübbelke, Dirk T.G., 2011. "International support of climate change policies in developing countries: Strategic, moral and fairness aspects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1470-1480, June.
- Gowdy, John M., 2008.
"Behavioral economics and climate change policy,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 632-644, December.
- Frank Ackerman, 2009. "Financing the Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Measures in Developing Countries," G-24 Discussion Papers 57, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Rajiv Pandey & ShashidharKumar Jha, 2012. "Climate vulnerability index - measure of climate change vulnerability to communities: a case of rural Lower Himalaya, India," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 487-506, June.
- Lee Tryhorn & Amanda Lynch, 2010. "Climate change adaptation in the Alpine Shire of Australia: a decision process appraisal," Policy Sciences, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 105-127, June.
- Pelletier, Nathan, 2010. "Environmental sustainability as the first principle of distributive justice: Towards an ecological communitarian normative foundation for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1887-1894, August.
- Yoshito Takasaki, 2012. "Do natural disasters decrease the gender gap in schooling?," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2013-001, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Yosef Jabareen, 2012. "Towards a Sustainability Education Framework: Challenges, Concepts and Strategies—The Contribution from Urban Planning Perspectives," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(9), pages 2247-2269, September.
- Louis Lebel & Torsten Grothmann & Bernd Siebenhüner, 2010. "The role of social learning in adaptiveness: insights from water management," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 333-353, December.
- Marco Grasso, 2011. "The role of justice in the North–South conflict in climate change: the case of negotiations on the Adaptation Fund," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 361-377, November.
- Owen, Ann L. & Videras, Julio, 2008. "Trust, cooperation, and implementation of sustainability programs: The case of Local Agenda 21," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 259-272, December.
- Louis Lebel & Jianchu Xu & Ram Bastakoti & Amrita Lamba, 2010. "Pursuits of adaptiveness in the shared rivers of Monsoon Asia," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 355-375, December.
- Hjerpe, Mattias & Löfgren, Åsa & Linnér, Björn-Ola & Hennlock, Magnus & Sterner, Thomas & Jagers, Sverker C., 2011. "Common ground for effort sharing? Preferred principles for distributing climate mitigation efforts," Working Papers in Economics 491, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Rob Dellink & Michel den Elzen & Harry Aiking & Emmy Bergsma & Frans Berkhout & Thijs Dekker & Joyeeta Gupta, 2009. "Sharing the Burden of Adaptation Financing: An Assessment of the Contributions of Countries," Working Papers 2009.59, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2010.
"The Economic Impact of Climate Change,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11(s1), pages 13-37, 05.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2009. "The Economic Effects of Climate Change," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 29-51, Spring.
- Shahnaj Begum, 2012. "Climate Change And Vulnerability Of The Arctic Elderly: An Assessment From Human Rights Point Of View," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 4, pages 459-479, September.
- Frank Biermann & Michele Betsill & Joyeeta Gupta & Norichika Kanie & Louis Lebel & Diana Liverman & Heike Schroeder & Bernd Siebenhüner & Ruben Zondervan, 2010. "Earth system governance: a research framework," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 277-298, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.