Urban form and the ecological footprint of commuting. The case of Barcelona
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 55 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2000. "The environmental impact of suburbanization," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 569-586.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Murray, Shauna A., 2001. "A modified ecological footprint method and its application to Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 229-255, May.
- D Banister & S Watson & C Wood, 1997. "Sustainable cities: transport, energy, and urban form," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(1), pages 125-143, January.
- D Banister, 1997. "Reducing the need to travel," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(3), pages 437-449, May.
- Camagni, Roberto & Gibelli, Maria Cristina & Rigamonti, Paolo, 2002. "Urban mobility and urban form: the social and environmental costs of different patterns of urban expansion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 199-216, February.
- Gaigne, Carl & Riou, Stephane & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2012.
"Are Compact Cities Environmentally (and Socially) Desirable?,"
121692, University of Laval, Center for Research on the Economics of the Environment, Agri-food, Transports and Energy (CREATE).
- Carl Gaigné & Stéphane Riou & Jacques-François Thisse, 2012. "Are Compact Cities Environmentally (and Socially) Desirable ?," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2012-4, CREATE.
- Li Hong & Pei Dong, Zhang & Chunyu, He & Wang Gang, 2007. "Evaluating the effects of embodied energy in international trade on ecological footprint in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 136-148, April.
- Carl Gaigné & Stéphane Riou & Jacques-François Thisse, 2010.
"Are compact cities environmentally friendly?,"
1001, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Carl Gaigné & Stéphane Riou & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "Are compact cities environmentally friendly?," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-15, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Gaigné, Carl & Riou, Stéphane & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2011. "Are Compact Cities Environmentally Friendly?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8297, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- GAIGNE, Carl & RIOU, Stéphane & THISSE, Jacques François, . "Are compact cities environmentally friendly?," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2404, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carl Gaigné & Stéphane Riou & François Thisse, 2010. "Are compact cities environmentally friendly?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 10-05, INRA UMR SMART.
- Carl Gaigné & Stéphane Riou & Jacques-François Thisse, 2010. "Are compact cities environmentally friendly?," Post-Print halshs-00456610, HAL.
- GAIGNE, Carl & RIOU, Stéphane & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2012. "Are compact cities environmentally friendly?," CORE Discussion Papers 2012019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Juan Antonio Duro, 2013.
"The building blocks of international ecological footprint inequality: a regression-based decomposition,"
XREAP2013-03, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Apr 2013.
- Teixidó Figueras, Jordi & Duro Moreno, Juan Antonio, 2013. "The Building Blocks of International Ecological Footprint inequality: A Regression-Base Decomposition," Working Papers 2072/211883, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Welch & Sabyasachee Mishra, 2014. "Envisioning an emission diet: application of travel demand mechanisms to facilitate policy decision making," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 611-631, May.
- Meidad Kissinger & Abraham Haim, 2008. "Urban hinterlands—the case of an Israeli town ecological footprint," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 391-405, August.
- Yen-Lan Liu & Kang-tsung Chang, 2010. "An analysis of Taiwan's energy ecological efficiency and the effectiveness of the Kyoto Protocol," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-11.
- Farreny, Ramon & Gabarrell, Xavier & Rieradevall, Joan, 2008. "Energy intensity and greenhouse gas emission of a purchase in the retail park service sector: An integrative approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1957-1968, June.
- White, Thomas J., 2007. "Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 402-410, December.
- Andrea CIRILLI & Paolo VENERI, 2010. "Spatial Structure and CO2 Emissions Due to Commuting: an Analysis on Italian Urban Areas," Working Papers 353, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Pavithra Parthasarathi & David Levinson, 2010. "Network Structure and Metropolitan Mobility," Working Papers 000083, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Berg, Nathan, 2008. "Imitation in location choice," MPRA Paper 26592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shuyu Wang & Xinmin Bian, 2008. "Improved method of ecological footprint – Funing County ecological economic system assessments," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 337-347, June.
- Ferreira, João-Pedro & Barata, Eduardo & Ramos, Pedro Nogueira & Cruz, Luis, 2014. "Economic, social, energy and environmental assessment of inter-municipality commuting: The case of Portugal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 411-418.
- Garcia-López, Miquel-Àngel, 2010. "Population suburbanization in Barcelona, 1991-2005: Is its spatial structure changing?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 119-132, June.
- Vadas, Timothy M. & Fahey, Timothy J. & Sherman, Ruth E. & Kay, David, 2007. "Local-scale analysis of carbon mitigation strategies: Tompkins County, New York, USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5515-5525, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.