The environmental-social interface of sustainable development: capabilities, social capital, institutions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 49 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathon M. Harris, . "00-04 "Basic Principles of Sustainable Development."," GDAE Working Papers 00-04, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Joel Sobel, 2002. "Can We Trust Social Capital?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 139-154, March.
- Robison, Lindon J. & Schmid, A. Allan & Siles, Marcelo E., 1999.
"Is Social Capital Really Capital?,"
11649, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Malcolm Rutherford, 2001. "Institutional Economics: Then and Now," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 173-194, Summer.
- Samuels, Warren J, 1971. "Interrelations Between Legal and Economic Processes," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 435-50, October.
- Joachim H. Spangenberg, 2001. "Investing in sustainable development: the reproduction of manmade, human, natural and social capital," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(2), pages 184-201.
- Barbara Piazza-Georgi, 2002. "The role of human and social capital in growth: extending our understanding," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 461-479, July.
- Norgaard, Richard B., 1989. "The case for methodological pluralism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 37-57, February.
- Hukkinen, Janne, 2003. "From groundless universalism to grounded generalism: improving ecological economic indicators of human-environmental interaction," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 11-27, February.
- Opschoor, Hans & van der Straaten, Jan, 1993. "Sustainable development: An institutional approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 203-222, June.
- Chiesura, Anna & de Groot, Rudolf, 2003. "Critical natural capital: a socio-cultural perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 219-231, March.
- Komsan Suriya, 2012.
"Modeling the linkage between tourism and multiple dimensions of poverty in Thailand,"
The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters,
Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 1(1), pages 17-38, March.
- Suriya, Komsan, 2008. "Modelling the linkage between tourism and multiple dimensions of poverty in Thailand," MPRA Paper 33798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patricia Perkins, 2007. "Feminist Ecological Economics and Sustainability," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 227-244, December.
- Alba Distaso, 2005. "Local sustainable development and well-being/quality of life. An application of the capability approach at regional level," Quaderni DSEMS 25-2005, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Shannon H. Rogers & Kevin H. Gardner & Cynthia H. Carlson, 2013. "Social Capital and Walkability as Social Aspects of Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(8), pages 3473-3483, August.
- Ana-Maria Teodorescu, 2012. "Links Between The Pillars Of Sustainable Development," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(40), pages 168-173.
- Francesco Contò & Mariantonietta Fiore & Piermichele La Sala, 2012. "Quality of Life And Human Isolation: The Case of Rural Area of Puglia," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 6(2), pages 31-52, DECEMBER.
- Demals, Thierry & Hyard, Alexandra, 2014. "Is Amartya Sen's sustainable freedom a broader vision of sustainability?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 33-38.
- Griewald, Yuliana & Rauschmayer, Felix, 2014. "Exploring an environmental conflict from a capability perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 30-39.
- Gianna Moscardo & Laurie Murphy, 2014. "There Is No Such Thing as Sustainable Tourism: Re-Conceptualizing Tourism as a Tool for Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(5), pages 2538-2561, April.
- Umut Ozkan & Stephan Schott, 2013. "Sustainable Development and Capabilities for the Polar Region," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1259-1283, December.
- Ishihara, Hiroe & Pascual, Unai, 2009. "Social capital in community level environmental governance: A critique," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1549-1562, March.
- Riccardo Natoli & Segu Zuhair, 2011. "Measuring Progress: A Comparison of the GDP, HDI, GS and the RIE," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 33-56, August.
- Christophe Heyndrickx & Natalia Tourdyeva & Victoria Alexeeva-Talebi, 2011. "The SUSTRUS model: a CGE model on regional level for sustainability policies in Russia," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1565, European Regional Science Association.
- Lenore Newman, 2007. "The virtuous cycle: incremental changes and a process-based sustainable development," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 267-274.
- Tuba Cekic, 2011. "Redefining Turkey's Regional Economic Disparities Through Social Participation," ERSA conference papers ersa11p184, European Regional Science Association.
- Catalin Chiriac & Nicoleta Rusu, 2011. "International Biomass Trade And Sustainable Development: An Overview," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 488-496, December.
- Cicatiello, Clara & Pancino, Barbara & Franco, Silvio, 2012. "Un modello per la valutazione della sostenibilità territoriale delle filiere agroalimentari: struttura e applicazione alla sfera ambientale," Congress Papers 124383, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Thomsen, Roy & Hobby, Thomas G. & Eagle, Alison J., 2006. "Social dilemmas and public range management in Nevada," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 709-723, June.
- Wouter Groot & Haranath Tadepally, 2008. "Community action for environmental restoration: a case study on collective social capital in India," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 519-536, August.
- White, Leroy & Lee, Gregory John, 2009. "Operational research and sustainable development: Tackling the social dimension," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 683-692, March.
- Riccardo Natoli & Segu Zuhair, 2010. "Establishing the RIE index: a review of the components critical to progress measurement," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(8), pages 574-591, July.
- Susanne Moser & Roger Kasperson & Gary Yohe & Julian Agyeman, 2008. "Adaptation to climate change in the Northeast United States: opportunities, processes, constraints," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 643-659, June.
- Ciliberti, Francesco & Pontrandolfo, Pierpaolo & Scozzi, Barbara, 2008. "Logistics social responsibility: Standard adoption and practices in Italian companies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 88-106, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.