Ecological footprint analysis as a tool to assess tourism sustainability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wackernagel, Mathis & Onisto, Larry & Bello, Patricia & Callejas Linares, Alejandro & Susana Lopez Falfan, Ina & Mendez Garcia, Jesus & Isabel Suarez Guerrero, Ana & Guadalupe Suarez Guerrero, Ma., 1999. "National natural capital accounting with the ecological footprint concept," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 375-390, June.
- Gossling, Stefan, 1999. "Ecotourism: a means to safeguard biodiversity and ecosystem functions?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 303-320, May.
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valentina Castellani & Serenella Sala, 2013. "Sustainability Indicators Integrating Consumption Patterns in Strategic Environmental Assessment for Urban Planning," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(8), pages 3426-3446, August.
- Gössling, Stefan & Peeters, Paul & Ceron, Jean-Paul & Dubois, Ghislain & Patterson, Trista & Richardson, Robert B., 2005. "The eco-efficiency of tourism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 417-434, September.
- Carballo Penela, Adolfo & Sebastián Villasante, Carlos, 2008. "Applying physical input-output tables of energy to estimate the energy ecological footprint (EEF) of Galicia (NW Spain)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1148-1163, March.
- Hrvoje Caric, 2010. "Direct pollution cost assessment of cruising tourism in the Croatian Adriatic," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 34(2), pages 161-180.
- White, Thomas J., 2007. "Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 402-410, December.
- Luz-Aída Martínez Meléndez, 2010. "NAFTA, tourism, and environment in Mexico," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 107-131, June.
- Jason Venetoulis & John Talberth, 2008. "Refining the ecological footprint," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 441-469, August.
- Kitzes, Justin & Galli, Alessandro & Bagliani, Marco & Barrett, John & Dige, Gorm & Ede, Sharon & Erb, Karlheinz & Giljum, Stefan & Haberl, Helmut & Hails, Chris & Jolia-Ferrier, Laurent & Jungwirth, , 2009. "A research agenda for improving national Ecological Footprint accounts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1991-2007, May.
- Liam Campling & Michel Rosalie, 2006. "Sustaining social development in a small island developing state? The case of Seychelles," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 115-125.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Ilhan Ozturk & M. Aruna, 2013. "Tourism, Energy Consumption and Climate Change in OECD Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 247-261.
- Jaume Rosselló Nadal & Mohcine Bakhat, 2009. "A new approach to estimating tourism-induced electricity consumption," CRE Working Papers (Documents de treball del CRE) 2009/6, Centre de Recerca Econòmica (UIB ·"Sa Nostra").
- Li Hong & Pei Dong, Zhang & Chunyu, He & Wang Gang, 2007. "Evaluating the effects of embodied energy in international trade on ecological footprint in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 136-148, April.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2007. "Biophysical assessments in evaluating industrial development: An experience from Taiwan freshwater aquaculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 427-434, August.
- Tanay Yıldırım & Tutku Ak & Zuhal Ölmez, 2008. "Assessment of the natural-cultural resources in Çanakkale for nature-based tourism," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 10(6), pages 871-881, December.
- Becken, S. & Simmons, D., 2008. "Using the concept of yield to assess the sustainability of different tourist types," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 420-429, October.
- Patterson, Trista M. & Niccolucci, Valentina & Bastianoni, Simone, 2007. "Beyond "more is better": Ecological footprint accounting for tourism and consumption in Val di Merse, Italy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 747-756, May.
- Jarkko Saarinen, 2013. "Critical Sustainability: Setting the Limits to Growth and Responsibility in Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.