Ecologically unsustainable trade
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R[empty]pke, Inge, 1994. "Trade, development and sustainability -- a critical assessment of the "free trade dogma"," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Gale, Fred P., 2000. "Economic specialization versus ecological diversification: the trade policy implications of taking the ecosystem approach seriously," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 285-292, September.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
- Wackernagel, Mathis & Onisto, Larry & Bello, Patricia & Callejas Linares, Alejandro & Susana Lopez Falfan, Ina & Mendez Garcia, Jesus & Isabel Suarez Guerrero, Ana & Guadalupe Suarez Guerrero, Ma., 1999. "National natural capital accounting with the ecological footprint concept," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 375-390, June.
- Bajmócy, Zoltán & Málovics, György, 2011.
"Az ökológiai hatékonyságot növelő innovációk hatása a fenntarthatóságra. Az IPAT formula dinamizálása
[The effects of eco-innovations on sustainability. Modifying the IPAT]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 890-904.
- Wurtenberger, Laura & Koellner, Thomas & Binder, Claudia R., 2006. "Virtual land use and agricultural trade: Estimating environmental and socio-economic impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 679-697, June.
- Mostafa, Mohamed M. & Nataraajan, Rajan, 2009. "A neuro-computational intelligence analysis of the ecological footprint of nations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3516-3531, July.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2007. "Biophysical assessments in evaluating industrial development: An experience from Taiwan freshwater aquaculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 427-434, August.
- Teixidó Figueras, Jordi Josep & Duro Moreno, Juan Antonio, 2014.
"Spatial polarization of the ecological footprint distribution,"
2072/228405, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Juan Antonio Duro, 2014. "Spatial Polarization of the Ecological Footprint distribution," Working Papers XREAP2014-02, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Feb 2014.
- Bagliani Marco & Bravo Giangiacomo & Dalmazzone Silvana, 2006. "A Consumption-based Approach to Environmental Kuznets Curves Using the Ecological Footprint Indicatory," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200601, University of Turin.
- van der Velde, M. & Green, S.R. & Vanclooster, M. & Clothier, B.E., 2007. "Sustainable development in small island developing states: Agricultural intensification, economic development, and freshwater resources management on the coral atoll of Tongatapu," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 456-468, March.
- Holm, Stig-Olof & Englund, Göran, 2009. "Increased ecoefficiency and gross rebound effect: Evidence from USA and six European countries 1960-2002," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 879-887, January.
- Teixidó Figueras, Jordi & Duro Moreno, Juan Antonio, 2012.
"Ecological Footprint Inequality across countries: the role of environment intensity, income and interaction effects,"
2072/203169, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Duro, Juan Antonio & Teixidó-Figueras, Jordi, 2013. "Ecological footprint inequality across countries: The role of environment intensity, income and interaction effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 34-41.
- Juan Antonio Duro & Jordi Teixidó-Figueras, 2012. "Ecological Footprint Inequality across countries: the role of environment intensity, income and interaction effects," Working Papers XREAP2012-17, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2012.
- Jenerette, G. Darrel & Marussich, Wendy A. & Newell, Joshua P., 2006. "Linking ecological footprints with ecosystem valuation in the provisioning of urban freshwater," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 38-47, August.
- Bertrand Zuindeau, 2006. "Spatial approach to sustainable development: Challenges of equity and efficacy," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 459-470.
- Bagliani, Marco & Bravo, Giangiacomo & Dalmazzone, Silvana, 2008. "A consumption-based approach to environmental Kuznets curves using the ecological footprint indicator," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 650-661, April.
- Chen, Lujie & Olhager, Jan & Tang, Ou, 2014. "Manufacturing facility location and sustainability: A literature review and research agenda," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 154-163.
- Gert Goeminne & Erik Paredis, 2010. "The concept of ecological debt: some steps towards an enriched sustainability paradigm," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 691-712, October.
- Hans Opschoor, 2010. "Sustainable Development and a Dwindling Carbon Space," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Bertrand Zuindeau, 2005. "Équité territoriale : quelles lectures par les théories du développement durable ?," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(4), pages 5-18.
- Schütz, Helmut & Moll, Stephan & Bringezu, Stefan, 2003. "Globalisierung und die Verlagerung von Umweltbelastungen: Die Stoffströme des Handels der Europäischen Union," Wuppertal Papers 134, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Ramon Garrabou & Enric Tello & Xavier Cussó, 2006. "Between specialization and globalization. The marketing of agrarian products and its environmental impacts seen from a historical perspective: the province of Barcelona in the mid-nineteenth century," UHE Working papers 2006_06, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Muradian, Roldan & O'Connor, Martin & Martinez-Alier, Joan, 2002. "Embodied pollution in trade: estimating the 'environmental load displacement' of industrialised countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 51-67, April.
- Hubacek, Klaus & Giljum, Stefan, 2003. "Applying physical input-output analysis to estimate land appropriation (ecological footprints) of international trade activities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 137-151, February.
- White, Thomas J., 2007. "Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 402-410, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.