The genuine progress indicator methodological developments and results from Australia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1976.
"On the Welfare Significance of National Product in a Dynamic Economy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 156-62, February.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1974. "On the Welfare Significance of National Product in Dynamic Economy," Working papers 125, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Trainer, FE, 1995. "Can renewable energy sources sustain affluent society?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1009-1026, December.
- William D. Nordhaus & James Tobin, 1972.
"Is Growth Obsolete?,"
in: Economic Research: Retrospect and Prospect Vol 5: Economic Growth, pages 1-80
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaelis, Laurie & Davidson, Ogunlade, 1996. "GHG mitigation in the transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 969-984.
- Asheim, Geir B, 1994. " Net National Product as an Indicator of Sustainability," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 257-65.
- Chapman, Duane, 1996. "Mitigation options in the sectoral papers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 1009-1012.
- Lenssen, Nicholas & Flavin, Christopher, 1996. "Sustainable energy for tomorrow's world : The case for an optimistic view of the future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 769-781, September.
- Hartwick, John M, 1994. " National Wealth and Net National Product," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 253-56.
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cathy Farnworth, 2009. "Well-Being is a Process of Becoming: Respondent-Led Research With Organic Farmers in Madagascar," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 89-106, January.
- Francesco Burchi & Chiara Gnesi, 2013. "A review of the literature on well-being in Italy: A human development perspective," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0175, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Nappo, Alessandra Francesca, 2011. "The environment in the dynamics and interactions between economic growth and openness to international trade," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114631, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2006. "Developing approaches to measuring and monitoring sustainable development in Wales: A review," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 535-554.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2004.
"Sustainability and Well-being Indicators,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Neumayer, Eric, 2004. "Sustainability and well-being indicators ," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science 2004/23, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Hezri, Adnan A. & Dovers, Stephen R., 2006. "Sustainability indicators, policy and governance: Issues for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 86-99, November.
- Jeffrey Wilson & Peter Tyedmers, 2013. "Rethinking What Counts. Perspectives on Wellbeing and Genuine Progress Indicator Metrics from a Canadian Viewpoint ," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 187-202, January.
- Lawn, Philip A., 2003. "A theoretical foundation to support the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare (ISEW), Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI), and other related indexes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 105-118, February.
- Patterson, Murray G., 2006. "Development of ecological economics in Australia and New Zealand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 312-331, March.
- Beça, Pedro & Santos, Rui, 2010. "Measuring sustainable welfare: A new approach to the ISEW," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 810-819, February.
- Philip Lawn, 2007. "A Stock-Take of Green National Accounting Initiatives," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 427-460, January.
- D.P. Doessel & Ruth F.G. Williams, 2012. "The New Welfare Measures," Working Papers 2012.07, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Pulselli, Federico M. & Bravi, Mirko & Tiezzi, Enzo, 2012. "Application and use of the ISEW for assessing the sustainability of a regional system: A case study in Italy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 766-778.
- Wen, Zongguo & Chen, Jining, 2008. "A cost-benefit analysis for the economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 356-366, April.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2000. "On the methodology of ISEW, GPI and related measures: some constructive suggestions and some doubt on the 'threshold' hypothesis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 347-361, September.
- Talberth, John & Bohara, Alok K., 2006. "Economic openness and green GDP," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 743-758, July.
- Wen, Zongguo & Zhang, Kunmin & Du, Bin & Li, Yadong & Li, Wei, 2007. "Case study on the use of genuine progress indicator to measure urban economic welfare in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 463-475, August.
- Posner, Stephen M. & Costanza, Robert, 2011. "A summary of ISEW and GPI studies at multiple scales and new estimates for Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and the State of Maryland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1972-1980, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.