Carrying capacity in agriculture: global and regional issues
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Robert S. & Kates, Robert W., 1994. "World food security: prospects and trends," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 192-208, April.
- Cassman, K. G. & Harwood, R. R., 1995. "The nature of agricultural systems: food security and environmental balance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 439-454, October.
- Norse, David, 1994. "Multiple threats to regional food production: environment, economy, population?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 133-148, April.
- Crosson, Pierre & Anderson, Jock R., 1994. "Demand and supply: trends in global agriculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 105-119, April.
- Harris, Jonathan M., 1996. "World agricultural futures: regional sustainability and ecological limits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 95-115, May.
- Neumann, Kathleen & Verburg, Peter H. & Stehfest, Elke & Müller, Christoph, 2010. "The yield gap of global grain production: A spatial analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(5), pages 316-326, June.
- Keyzer, M.A. & Merbis, M.D. & Pavel, I.F.P.W. & van Wesenbeeck, C.F.A., 2005. "Diet shifts towards meat and the effects on cereal use: can we feed the animals in 2030?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 187-202, November.
- Xiao-meng Song & Fan-zhe Kong & Che-sheng Zhan, 2011. "Assessment of Water Resources Carrying Capacity in Tianjin City of China," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 857-873, February.
- Jonathan M. Harris & Neva R. Goodwin, . "03-03 "Reconciling Growth and Environment"," GDAE Working Papers 03-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Kuznar, Lawrence A. & Frederick, William G., 2003. "Environmental constraints and sigmoid utility: implications for value, risk sensitivity, and social status," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 293-306, September.
- Jonathan Harris, . "08-02 "Ecological Macroeconomics: Consumption, Investment, and Climate Change"," GDAE Working Papers 08-02, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Xun-Gui Li & Xia Wei & Nai-Ang Wang & Hong-Yi Cheng, 2011. "Maximum Grade Approach to Surplus Floodwater of Hyperconcentration Rivers in Flood Season and its Application," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 25(10), pages 2575-2593, August.
- White, Thomas, 2000. "Diet and the distribution of environmental impact," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 145-153, July.
- Carleton Schade & David Pimentel, 2010. "Population crash: prospects for famine in the twenty-first century," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 245-262, April.
- Mozumder, Pallab & Berrens, Robert P., 2007. "Inorganic fertilizer use and biodiversity risk: An empirical investigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 538-543, May.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Gingrich, Simone & Lauk, Christian & Haberl, Helmut, 2008. "Global patterns of socioeconomic biomass flows in the year 2000: A comprehensive assessment of supply, consumption and constraints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 471-487, April.
- Balogh, Peter & Ertsey, Imre & Szucs, Istvan, 2009. "Answer to the challenges of the 21st century in the Hungarian pig sector," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51027, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mosiño, Alejandro, 2012. "Producing energy in a stochastic environment: Switching from non-renewable to renewable resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 413-430.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.