The value of ecosystem services: putting the issues in perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norgaard, Richard B. & Bode, Collin, 1998. "Next, the value of God, and other reactions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 37-39, April.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1998. "The price-value paradox," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 17-19, April.
- Daly, Herman E., 1992. "Allocation, distribution, and scale: towards an economics that is efficient, just, and sustainable," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 185-193, December.
- Templet, Paul H., 1998. "The neglected benefits of protecting ecological services:: a commentary provided to the ecological economics forum," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 53-55, April.
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen C. & Maxwell, Judith, 1989. "Valuation and management of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 335-361, December.
- Herendeen, Robert A., 1998. "Monetary-costing environmental services: nothing is lost, something is gained," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 29-30, April.
- Daly, Herman E., 1998. "The return of Lauderdale's paradox," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 21-23, April.
- Fabio Pranovi & Gianluca Sarà & Piero Franzoi, 2013. "Valuing the Unmarketable: An Ecological Approach to the Externalities Estimate in Fishing Activities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 643-653, February.
- Jean-Michel Salles, 2011. "Valuing biodiversity and ecosystem services: why linking economic values with Nature?," Working Papers 11-24, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Dec 2011.
- Rodrigues, João & Domingos, Tiago & Conceição, Pedro & Belbute, José, 2005.
"Constraints on dematerialisation and allocation of natural capital along a sustainable growth path,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 382-396, September.
- José Manuel Madeira Belbute & João Rodrigues & Tiago Domingos & Pedro Conceição, 2003. "Constraints on Dematerialisation and Allocation of Natural Capital along a Sustainable Growth Path," Economics Working Papers 1_2003, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Nelson, Anitra, 2001. "The poverty of money:: Marxian insights for ecological economists," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 499-511, March.
- Erik Ansink & Lars Hein & Knut Per Hasund, 2008. "To Value Functions or Services? An Analysis of Ecosystem Valuation Approaches," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 17(4), pages 489-503, November.
- Loomis, John & Kent, Paula & Strange, Liz & Fausch, Kurt & Covich, Alan, 2000. "Measuring the total economic value of restoring ecosystem services in an impaired river basin: results from a contingent valuation survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 103-117, April.
- Sutton, Paul C. & Costanza, Robert, 2002. "Global estimates of market and non-market values derived from nighttime satellite imagery, land cover, and ecosystem service valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 509-527, June.
- Sinden, John Alfred & Griffith, Garry, 2007. "Combining economic and ecological arguments to value the environmental gains from control of 35 weeds in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 396-408, March.
- Ingraham, Molly W. & Foster, Shonda Gilliland, 2008. "The value of ecosystem services provided by the U.S. National Wildlife Refuge System in the contiguous U.S," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 608-618, November.
- Natacha LASKOWSKI, 2013. "Optimal allocation of wetlands: Study on conflict between agriculture and fishery," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Costanza, Robert & Fisher, Brendan & Mulder, Kenneth & Liu, Shuang & Christopher, Treg, 2007. "Biodiversity and ecosystem services: A multi-scale empirical study of the relationship between species richness and net primary production," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 478-491, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.