On the option value of old-growth forest
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Christian Zinkhan, 1991. "Option Pricing and Timberland's Land-Use Conversion Option," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(3), pages 317-325.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1991.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
3307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Working papers 3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert, 1989. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 294, The World Bank.
- Reed, William J., 1993. "The decision to conserve or harvest old-growth forest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 45-69, August.
- Reed, William J & Clarke, Harry R, 1990. "Harvest Decisions and Asset Valuation for Biological Resources Exhibiting Size-Dependent Stochastic Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 147-69, February.
- Chambers, Catherine M. & Chambers, Paul E. & Whitehead, John C., 1994. "Conservation organizations and the option value to preserve: an application to debt-for-nature swaps," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 135-143, February.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Ramezani, Cyrus A., 1998. "An Arbitrage-Free Approach to Quasi-Option Value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 103-125, March.
- Luca Di Corato, 2011.
"Optimal Conservation Policy Under Imperfect Intergenerational Altruism,"
2011.89, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Corato, Luca, 2011. "Optimal Conservation Policy under Imperfect Intergenerational Altruism," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114440, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Luca Di Corato & Michele Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2011.
"Land Conversion Pace under Uncertainty and Irreversibility: too fast or too slow?,"
2011.84, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Luca Corato & Michele Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2013. "Land conversion pace under uncertainty and irreversibility: too fast or too slow?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 45-82, September.
- Creamer, Selmin F. & Genz, Alan & Blatner, Keith A., 2012. "The Effect of Fire Risk on the Critical Harvesting Times for Pacific Northwest Douglas-Fir When Carbon Price Is Stochastic," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(3), December.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L. & Goeschl, Timo, 2009. "Optimal conservation, extinction debt, and the augmented quasi-option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 43-57, July.
- Ariste Ruolz & Pierre Lasserre, 2001.
"La gestion optimale d'une forêt exploitée pour son potentiel de diminution des gaz à effet de serre et son bois,"
Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM
20-03, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Ariste, Ruolz & Lasserre, Pierre, 2001. "La gestion optimale d’une forêt exploitée pour son potentiel de diminution des gaz à effet de serre et son bois," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 77(1), pages 27-51, mars.
- Guilherme Nunes Martins & Andrea Sales Soares de Azevedo Melo, 2007. "O Valor da Opção de Preservação do Parque dos Manguezais em Recife-PE: Uma Utilização do Método de Opções Reais," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 8(4), pages 75_95.
- Hertzler, Greg, 2000. "The Precautionary Principle in Practice: How to Write a Call Option on the Environment," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123660, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Fernandez, Linda, 2005. "A diversified portfolio: joint management of non-renewable and renewable resources offshore," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 65-82, January.
- Conrad, Jon M., 2000. "Wilderness: options to preserve, extract, or develop," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-219, July.
- Insley, Margaret, 2002. "A Real Options Approach to the Valuation of a Forestry Investment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 471-492, November.
- Abildtrup, Jens & Strange, Niels, 2000. "The option value of non-contaminated forest watersheds," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 115-125, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.