Comparative benefit-cost analysis of the Abecedarian program and its policy implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 26 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susan L. Averett & H. Elizabeth Peters & Donald M. Waldman, .
"Tax Credits, Labor Supply, and Child Care,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
92-9a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- David M. Blau & Alison P. Hagy, 1998. "The Demand for Quality in Child Care," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 104-146, February.
- Robert H. Haveman & Barbara L. Wolfe, 1984. "Schooling and Economic Well-Being: The Role of Nonmarket Effects," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(3), pages 377-407.
- David M. Cutler & Jonathan Gruber & Raymond S. Hartman & Mary Beth Landrum & Joseph P. Newhouse & Meredith B. Rosenthal, 2002.
"The Economic impacts of the tobacco settlement,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 1-19.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 2000.
"The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 2), pages 253-72, June.
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 2000. "The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-19, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Katherine A. Magnuson & Christopher J. Ruhm & Jane Waldfogel, 2004.
"Does Prekindergarten Improve School Preparation and Performance?,"
NBER Working Papers
10452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Magnuson, Katherine A. & Ruhm, Christopher & Waldfogel, Jane, 2007. "Does prekindergarten improve school preparation and performance?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 33-51, February.
- Jean Kimmel, 1998. "Child Care Costs As A Barrier To Employment For Single And Married Mothers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 287-299, May.
- Lance Lochner, 2010.
"Education Policy and Crime,"
in: Controlling Crime: Strategies and Tradeoffs, pages 465-515
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lance Lochner, 2010. "Education Policy and Crime," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20102, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Lance Lochner, 2010. "Education Policy and Crime," NBER Working Papers 15894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wong, Ho Lun & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott, 2013. "The impact of vouchers on preschool attendance and elementary school readiness: A randomized controlled trial in rural China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 53-65.
- Svensson, Mikael & Persson, Mattias, 2012.
"The Willingness to Pay to Reduce School Bullying,"
Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics
3, Department of Economics, Karlstad University.
- Greg J. Duncan & Jens Ludwig & Katherine A. Magnuson, 2010. "Child Development," NBER Chapters, in: Targeting Investments in Children: Fighting Poverty When Resources are Limited, pages 27-58 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Seong Hyeok Moon & Rodrigo Pinto & Peter A. Savelyev & Adam Yavitz, 2009.
"The Rate of Return to the High/Scope Perry Preschool Program,"
NBER Working Papers
15471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Moon, Seong Hyeok & Pinto, Rodrigo & Savelyev, Peter A. & Yavitz, Adam, 2010. "The rate of return to the HighScope Perry Preschool Program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 114-128, February.
- Heckman, James J. & Moon, Seong Hyeok & Pinto, Rodrigo & Savelyev, Peter & Yavitz, Adam, 2009. "The Rate of Return to the High/Scope Perry Preschool Program," IZA Discussion Papers 4533, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James J. Heckman & Seong Hyeok Moon & Rodrigo Pinto & Peter A. Savelyev & Adam Yavitz, 2009. "The Rate of Return to the High/Scope Perry Preschool Program," Working Papers 200936, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Kathryn H. Anderson & James E. Foster & David E. Frisvold, 2010.
"Investing In Health: The Long-Term Impact Of Head Start On Smoking,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 587-602, 07.
- James E. Foster & Kathryn H. Anderson & David E. Frisvold, 2008. "Investing in Health: The Long-Term Impact of Head Start on Smoking," Working Papers 2010-25, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Smyth, Emer & McCoy, Selina, 2009. "Investing in Education: Combating Educational Disadvantage," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS006, September.
- Hazarika, Gautam & Viren, Vejoya, 2013. "The effect of early childhood developmental program attendance on future school enrollment in rural North India," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 146-161.
- Barbara Bruns & David Evans & Javier Luque, 2012. "Achieving World-Class Education in Brazil : The Next Agenda," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2383, July.
- Kimberly Boller & Kathy Buek & rew Burwick & Minki Chatterji & Diane Paulsell & Samia Amin & Evan Borkum & Larissa Campuzano & Jessica Jacobson & Samina Sattar, 2011. "Evaluation of UNICEF's Early Childhood Development Programme with Focus on Government of Netherlands Funding (2008-2010): Global Synthesis Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7275, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Brian Jacob & Jens Ludwig, 2008. "Improving Educational Outcomes for Poor Children," NBER Working Papers 14550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reynolds, Arthur J. & Temple, Judy A. & Ou, Suh-Ruu, 2010. "Preschool education, educational attainment, and crime prevention: Contributions of cognitive and non-cognitive skills," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1054-1063, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.