Comparative benefit-cost analysis of the Abecedarian program and its policy implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 26 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Kimmel, 1998. "Child Care Costs As A Barrier To Employment For Single And Married Mothers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 287-299, May.
- David M. Cutler & Jonathan Gruber & Raymond S. Hartman & M.B. Landrum, J. Newhouse & Meredith B. Rosenthal, 2000.
"The Economic Impacts of the Tobacco Settlement,"
NBER Working Papers
7760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan L. Averett & H. Elizabeth Peters & Donald M. Waldman, 1997.
"Tax Credits, Labor Supply, And Child Care,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(1), pages 125-135, February.
- Averett, S.L. & Peters, H.E. & Waldman, D.M., 1992. "Tax Credits, Labor Supply, and Child Care," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 92-9, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Susan L. Averett & H. Elizabeth Peters & Donald M. Waldman, . "Tax Credits, Labor Supply, and Child Care," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 92-9a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Robert H. Haveman & Barbara L. Wolfe, 1984. "Schooling and Economic Well-Being: The Role of Nonmarket Effects," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(3), pages 377-407.
- Katherine A. Magnuson & Christopher J. Ruhm & Jane Waldfogel, 2004.
"Does Prekindergarten Improve School Preparation and Performance?,"
NBER Working Papers
10452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Magnuson, Katherine A. & Ruhm, Christopher & Waldfogel, Jane, 2007. "Does prekindergarten improve school preparation and performance?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 33-51, February.
- David M. Blau & Alison P. Hagy, 1998. "The Demand for Quality in Child Care," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 104-146, February.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 2000. "The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 2), pages 253-72, June Cita.
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 2000. "The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-19, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Lance Lochner, 2010.
"Education Policy and Crime,"
University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers
20102, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Barbara Bruns & David Evans & Javier Luque, 2012. "Achieving World-Class Education in Brazil : The Next Agenda," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2383, October.
- Greg J. Duncan & Jens Ludwig & Katherine A. Magnuson, 2010. "Child Development," NBER Chapters, in: Targeting Investments in Children: Fighting Poverty When Resources are Limited, pages 27-58 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Moon, Seong Hyeok & Pinto, Rodrigo & Savelyev, Peter & Yavitz, Adam, 2009.
"The Rate of Return to the High/Scope Perry Preschool Program,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4533, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heckman, James J. & Moon, Seong Hyeok & Pinto, Rodrigo & Savelyev, Peter A. & Yavitz, Adam, 2010. "The rate of return to the HighScope Perry Preschool Program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 114-128, February.
- James J. Heckman & Seong Hyeok Moon & Rodrigo Pinto & Peter A. Savelyev & Adam Yavitz, 2009. "The Rate of Return to the High/Scope Perry Preschool Program," Working Papers 200936, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- James J. Heckman & Seong Hyeok Moon & Rodrigo Pinto & Peter A. Savelyev & Adam Yavitz, 2009. "The Rate of Return to the High/Scope Perry Preschool Program," NBER Working Papers 15471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reynolds, Arthur J. & Temple, Judy A. & Ou, Suh-Ruu, 2010. "Preschool education, educational attainment, and crime prevention: Contributions of cognitive and non-cognitive skills," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1054-1063, August.
- Brian Jacob & Jens Ludwig, 2008. "Improving Educational Outcomes for Poor Children," NBER Working Papers 14550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smyth, Emer & McCoy, Selina, 2009. "Investing in Education: Combating Educational Disadvantage," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS006.
- Mónica Rubio & Leonardo Pinzón & Marcela Gutiérrez, 2010. "Atención integral a la primera infancia en Colombia: Estrategia de país 2011-2014: Nota sectorial para su discusión con las nuevas autoridades y actores del sector," IDB Publications 38078, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Kimberly Boller & Kathy Buek & rew Burwick & Minki Chatterji & Diane Paulsell & Samia Amin & Evan Borkum & Larissa Campuzano & Jessica Jacobson & Samina Sattar, 2011. "Evaluation of UNICEF's Early Childhood Development Programme with Focus on Government of Netherlands Funding (2008-2010): Global Synthesis Report," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7275, Mathematica Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.