Beauty in the classroom: instructors' pulchritude and putative pedagogical productivity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 24 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Biddle, Jeff E, 1994.
"Beauty and the Labor Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1174-94, December.
- George J. Borjas, 2000.
"Foreign-Born Teaching Assistants and the Academic Performance of Undergraduates,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 355-359, May.
- George J. Borjas, 2000. "Foreign-Born Teaching Assistants and the Academic Performance of Undergraduates," NBER Working Papers 7635, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William E. Becker & William Bosshardt & Michael Watts, 2012.
"How Departments of Economics Evaluate Teaching,"
Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 325-333, July.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Meng, Xin & Zhang, Junsen, 2002.
"Dress for success--does primping pay?,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 361-373, July.
- Biddle, Jeff E & Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1998.
"Beauty, Productivity, and Discrimination: Lawyers' Looks and Lucre,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 172-201, January.
- Jeff E. Biddle & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1998. "Beauty, Productivity and Discrimination: Lawyers' Looks and Lucre," NBER Working Papers 5366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moore, William J & Newman, Robert J & Turnbull, Geoffrey K, 1998. "Do Academic Salaries Decline with Seniority?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 352-66, April.
- David E. Kaun, 1984. "Faculty advancement in a nontraditional university environment," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(4), pages 592-606, July.
- Siegfried, John J & White, Kenneth J, 1973. "Financial Rewards to Research and Teaching: A Case Study of Academic Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 309-15, May.
- Robert Sproule & C?lin Vâlsan, 2009. "The student evaluation of teaching: its failure as a research program, and as an administrative guide," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 11(25), pages 125-150, February.
- Fletcher, Jason M., 2009. "Beauty vs. brains: Early labor market outcomes of high school graduates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 321-325, December.
- Manuel F. Bagues & Berta Esteve-Volart, 2010.
"Can Gender Parity Break the Glass Ceiling? Evidence from a Repeated Randomized Experiment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 77(4), pages 1301-1328.
- Manuel F. Bagüés & Berta Esteve-Volart, 2007. "Can gender parity break the glass ceiling? Evidence from a repeated randomized experiment," Working Papers 2007-15, FEDEA.
- Olivier Gergaud & Victor Ginsburgh, 2010.
"Success: Talent, Intelligence or Beauty?,"
Working Papers ECARES
ECARES 2010-046, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- French, Michael T. & Robins, Philip K. & Homer, Jenny F. & Tapsell, Lauren M., 2009. "Effects of physical attractiveness, personality, and grooming on academic performance in high school," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 373-382, August.
- Olivier Gergaud & Victor Ginsburgh & Florine Livat, 2012. "Success of Celebrities: Talent, Intelligence or Beauty?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3120-3127.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.