Does cream-skimming curdle the milk? A study of peer effects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 24 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
- Betts, Julian R. & Shkolnik, Jamie L., 1999. "The effects of ability grouping on student achievement and resource allocation in secondary schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Henderson, Vernon & Mieszkowski, Peter & Sauvageau, Yvon, 1978. "Peer group effects and educational production functions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 97-106, August.
- Manski, Charles F, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 531-42, July.
- Walton, Nina, 2010. "The price of admission: Who gets into private school, and how much do they pay?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 738-750, October.
- Daniel Santín, 2006. "Measuring technical efficiency in schools: a critic revision," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 177(2), pages 57-82, April.
- Mora, Toni & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2011. "Peer effects on high school aspirations: Evidence from a sample of close and not-so-close friends," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 575-581, August.
- Jason Fletcher, 2007. "Social multipliers in sexual initiation decisions among U.S. high school students," Demography, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 373-388, May.
- Justo de Jorge Moreno & Daniel Santín, 2010. "Determinantes de la eficiencia educativa en la Unión Europea," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 193(2), pages 131-156, June.
- Cho, Rosa Minhyo, 2012. "Are there peer effects associated with having English Language Learner (ELL) classmates? Evidence from the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study Kindergarten Cohort (ECLS-K)," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 629-643.
- Mattia Makovec & Alejandra Mizala & Andrés Barrera, 2010. "Parental decisions in a choice based school system: Analyzing the transition between primary and secondary school," Documentos de Trabajo 269, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Jorge Calero & Josep-Oriol Escardíbul, 2007.
"Evaluación de servicios educativos: el rendimiento en los centros públicos y privados medido en PISA-2003,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 183(4), pages 33-66, december.
- Jorge Calero & Josep-Oriol Escardíbul, 2007. "Evaluación de servicios educativos: El rendimiento en los centros públicos y privados medido en PISA-2003," Working Papers 2007/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Adele Atkinson & Simon Burgess & Paul Gregg & Carol Propper & Steven Proud, 2008. "The Impact of Classroom Peer Groups on Pupil GCSE Results," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/187, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.