Overeducation: a short or long run phenomenon for individuals?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 22 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duncan, Greg J. & Hoffman, Saul D., 1981. "The incidence and wage effects of overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 75-86, February.
- Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette, 2000. "Overeducation in the labor market: a meta-analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 149-158, April.
- Russell W. Rumberger, 1987. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Productivity and Earnings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(1), pages 24-50.
- Richard R. Verdugo & Naomi Turner Verdugo, 1989. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Earnings: Some Additional Findings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(4), pages 629-643.
- Robst, John, 1995. "College quality and overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 221-228, September.
- Rumberger, Russell W., 1981. "The rising incidence of overeducation in the U.S. Labor market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 293-314, June.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979.
"Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-90, October.
- H. Battu & C. R. Belfield & P. J. Sloane, 1999.
"Overeducation Among Graduates: a cohort view,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 21-38.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Lars John Lefgren, 1999. "A Note on Longitudinally Matching Current Population Survey (CPS) Respondents," NBER Technical Working Papers 0247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Robst, 1995. "Career Mobility, Job Match, and Overeducation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 539-550, Fall.
- Daly, Mary C. & Buchel, Felix & Duncan, Greg J., 2000. "Premiums and penalties for surplus and deficit education: Evidence from the United States and Germany," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-178, April.
- Dolton, Peter & Vignoles, Anna, 2000. "The incidence and effects of overeducation in the U.K. graduate labour market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 179-198, April.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Khan, Shahina P., 1995. "The wage effects of overschooling revisited," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 67-76, March.
- Johnson, William R, 1978. "A Theory of Job Shopping," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 92(2), pages 261-78, May.
- Korpi, Tomas & Tåhlin, Michael, 2007. "Educational mismatch, wages, and wage growth: Overeducation in Sweden, 1974-2000," Working Paper Series 10/2007, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Belfield, Clive, 2010. "Over-education: What influence does the workplace have?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 236-245, April.
- Keith A. Bender & John S. Heywood, 2006.
"Educational Mismatch Among Ph.D.s: Determinants and Consequences,"
NBER Working Papers
12693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith A. Bender & John S. Heywood, 2009. "Educational Mismatch among Ph.D.s: Determinants and Consequences," NBER Chapters, in: Science and Engineering Careers in the United States: An Analysis of Markets and Employment, pages 229-255 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Mora & Antonia Febrer, 2005. "Wage Distribution In Spain, 1994-1999: An Application Of A Flexible Estimator Of Conditional Distributions," Working Papers. Serie EC 2005-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Nielsen, Chantal Pohl, 2007. "Immigrant overeducation : evidence from Denmark," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4234, The World Bank.
- Febrer, Antonia & Mora, Juan, 2009. "Flexible estimation of wage distributions in the presence of covariates," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2189-2200, April.
- Dolton, Peter J. & Silles, Mary A., 2008.
"The effects of over-education on earnings in the graduate labour market,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 125-139, April.
- Mary Silles & Peter Dolton, 2002. "The Effects of Over-Education on Earnings in the Graduate Labour Market," Economics Series Working Papers 126, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny & Julia Bock-Schappelwein, 2010. "Qualification Structure, Over- and Underqualification of the Foreign Born in Austria and the EU," FIW Research Reports series II-008, FIW.
- Green, Colin & Kler, Parvinder & Leeves, Gareth, 2007. "Immigrant overeducation: Evidence from recent arrivals to Australia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 420-432, August.
- Jean-Pascal Guironnet, 2005.
"La suréducation en France : Vers une dévalorisation des diplômes du supérieur ?,"
05-10, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Jean-Pascal Guironnet, 2005. "La sur-éducation en France : vers une dévalorisation des diplômes du supérieur ?," Working Papers 05-04, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jan 2005.
- Hung, Chia-Yu, 2008. "Overeducation and undereducation in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 125-137, April.
- Léné, Alexandre, 2011. "Occupational downgrading and bumping down: The combined effects of education and experience," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 257-269, April.
- Verhaest, Dieter & Schatteman, Tom, 2010. "Overeducation in the early career: an analysis using sequence techniques," Working Papers 2010/09, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Andersson Joona, Pernilla & Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2012.
"Overeducation among Immigrants in Sweden: Incidence, Wage Effects and State-Dependence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6695, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andersson Joona, Pernilla & Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2012. "Overeducation among Immigrants in Sweden: Incidence, Wage Effects and State-dependence," SULCIS Working Papers 2012:2, Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Peter Huber, 2011. "Educational Attainment and Education-job Mismatch of Cross-border Commuters in the EU," WIFO Working Papers 388, WIFO.
- Yip, Chi Man, 2010. "Can't SBTC explain the U.S. wage inequality dynamics?," MPRA Paper 31198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philippe Lemistre, 2007. "Diplômes et emplois occupés par les jeunes. Une correspondance à revoir," Post-Print halshs-00131770, HAL.
- Magali Jaoul-Grammare & Jean-Pascal Guironnet, 2009. "Does Over-education Influence French Economic Growth?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1190-1200.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.