The education and wages of immigrant children: the impact of age at arrival
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 22 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geoffrey Carliner, 1996. "The Wages and Language Skills of U.S. Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 5763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert F. Schoeni, 1997. "New Evidence on the Economic Progress of Foreign-Born Men in the 1970s and 1980s," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 683-740.
- Huang, Wei-Chiao, 1988. "An empirical analysis of foreign student brain drain to the United States," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 231-243, April.
- Borjas, George J, 1995.
"Assimilation and Changes in Cohort Quality Revisited: What Happened to Immigrant Earnings in the 1980s?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 201-45, April.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "Assimilation and Changes in Cohort Quality Revisited: What Happened to Immigrant Earnings in the 1980s?," NBER Working Papers 4866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph Schaafsma & Arthur Sweetman, 2001. "Immigrant earnings: age at immigration matters," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1066-1099, November.
- Borjas, George J., 1996. "The earnings of Mexican immigrants in the United States," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 69-98, October.
- Agarwal, Vinod B. & Winkler, Donald R., 1985. "United States immigration policy and indirect immigration of professionals," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz, 2011.
"Migration and Education,"
Norface Discussion Paper Series
2011011, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- van Ours, Jan C. & Veenman, Justus, 2006. "Age at immigration and educational attainment of young immigrants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 310-316, March.
- Sweetman, Arthur & van Ours, Jan C., 2014.
"Immigration: What about the Children and Grandchildren?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7919, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sweetman, A. & Ours, J.C. van, 2014. "Immigration: What About the Children and Grandchildren?," Discussion Paper 2014-009, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bratsberg, Bernt & Raaum, Oddbjørn & Røed, Knut, 2011. "Educating Children of Immigrants: Closing the Gap in Norwegian Schools," IZA Discussion Papers 6138, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luis Locay & Tracy L. Regan & Arthur M. Diamond, Jr., 2007.
"The Effects of Spanish-Language Background on Completed Schooling and Aptitude Test Scores,"
0710, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Luis Locay & Tracy Regan & Arthur M. Diamond Jr., 2008. "The Effects of Spanish-Language Background on Completed Schooling and Aptitude Test Scores," Working Papers 0909, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Yaqub, Shahin, 2010. "Does age-at-migration in childhood affect migrant socioeconomic achievements in adulthood?," MPRA Paper 27935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Beatrice Schindler Rangvid, 2011.
"The Impact of Parents’ Years since Migration on Children’s Academic Achievement,"
Economics Working Papers
2011-16, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Schindler Rangvid, Beatrice, 2011. "The Impact of Parents' Years since Migration on Children's Academic Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 6242, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Santos, Manon Domingues Dos & Wolff, François-Charles, 2011. "Human capital background and the educational attainment of second-generation immigrants in France," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1085-1096, October.
- Sweetman, Arthur & Warman, Casey, 2009. "Temporary Foreign Workers and Former International Students as a Source of Permanent Immigration," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-34, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Jun 2009.
- Michaelowa, Katharina & Bourdon, Jean, 2006. "The impact of student diversity in secondary schools: An analysis of the international PISA data and implications for the German education system," HWWI Research Papers 3-2, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Antman, Francisca M., 2011. "The intergenerational effects of paternal migration on schooling and work: What can we learn from children's time allocations?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 200-208, November.
- Ours, J.C. van & Veenman, J.M.C., 2005. "Age at Immigration and Educational Attainment of Young Immigrants," Discussion Paper 2005-11, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Manon Domingues Dos Santos & François-Charles Wolff, 2009. "Human capital background and the educational attainment of the second-generation immigrants in France," Working Papers hal-00417879, HAL.
- Stiefel, Leanna & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Conger, Dylan, 2010. "Age of entry and the high school performance of immigrant youth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 303-314, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.