The determinants of university dropouts: a bivariate probability model with sample selection
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Montmarquette, 1990. "A Legacy for Learners: The Report of the British Columbia Royal Commission on Education, 1988," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 16(1), pages 91-96, March.
- Altonji, Joseph G, 1993.
"The Demand for and Return to Education When Education Outcomes Are Uncertain,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 48-83, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji, 1991. "The Demand for and Return to Education When Education Outcomes are Uncertain," NBER Working Papers 3714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manski, Charles F., 1989. "Schooling as experimentation: a reappraisal of the postsecondary dropout phenomenon," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 305-312, August.
- Hartog, Joop & Pfann, Gerard & Ridder, Geert, 1989. "(Non-)graduation and the earnings function : An inquiry on self-selection," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1373-1395, September.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1981.
"Test Scores, Educational Opportunities, and Individual Choice,"
NBER Working Papers
0710, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1982. "Test scores, educational opportunities, and individual choice," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 35-63, June.
- Grubb, W. Norton, 1989. "Dropouts, spells of time, and credits in postsecondary education: Evidence from longitudinal surveys," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 49-67, February.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- James, Estelle, 1988. "Student aid and college attendance: Where are we now and where do we go from here?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Jean Vincens & Sophie Krupa, 1994. "Réussites et échecs dans des filières universitaires. Un essai d'analyse," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 45(2), pages 289-319.
- Horacio Matos-Díaz, 2009. "Determinantes de las tasas universitarias de graduación, retención y deserción en Puerto Rico: Un estudio de Caso," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Boris F. Blumberg & Wilko A. Letterie, 2008. "Business Starters and Credit Rationing," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 187-200, February.
- Maria De Paola & Francesca Gioia, 2011. "Risk Aversion And Major Choice: Evidence From Italian Students," Working Papers 201107, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Jennifer Chan & Wai Wan, 2011. "Bayesian approach to analysing longitudinal bivariate binary data with informative dropout," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 121-144, March.
- Jakobsen, Vibeke & Rosholm, Michael, 2003. "Dropping out of School? A Competing Risks Analysis of Young Immigrants’ Progress in the Educational System," IZA Discussion Papers 918, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- G. Atzeni & C. Piga, 2003. "Credit Rationing in High-Tech firms and sample selection," Working Paper CRENoS 200304, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N., 2008.
"A multinomial logit model of college stopout and dropout behavior,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 319-331, June.
- Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N., 2005. "A Multinomial Logit Model of College Stopout and Dropout Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 1634, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stratton, Leslie S. & O'Toole, Dennis M. & Wetzel, James N., 2006. "Are the Factors Affecting Dropout Behavior Related to Initial Enrollment Intensity for College Undergraduates?," IZA Discussion Papers 1951, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Claudio A . Piga & Marco Vivarelli, 2004.
"Internal and External R&D: A Sample Selection Approach,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(4), pages 457-482, 09.
- Claudio A. Piga & Marco Vivarelli, 2003. "Internal and External R&D: A Sample Selection Approach," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-05, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Walker, Rosemary L., 2004. "Do parental cash transfers weaken performance in college?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 483-495, October.
- Tobias Lechtenfeld, 2012. "Why does piped water not reduce diarrhea for children? Evidence from urban Yemen," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 119, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Schnepf, Sylke V., 2014. "Do Tertiary Dropout Students Really Not Succeed in European Labour Markets?," IZA Discussion Papers 8015, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.