Student performance, attrition, and class size given missing student data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, William E & Watts, Michael, 1996. "Chalk and Talk: A National Survey on Teaching Undergraduate Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 448-53, May.
- William E. Becker & William Bosshardt & Michael Watts, 2012.
"How Departments of Economics Evaluate Teaching,"
The Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 325-333, July.
- Sander, William, 1993. "Expenditures and student achievement in Illinois : New evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 403-416, October.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Siegfried, John J & Kennedy, Peter E, 1995. "Does Pedagogy Vary with Class Size in Introductory Economics?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 347-51, May.
- Kennedy, Peter E. & Siegfried, John J., 1997.
"Class size and achievement in introductory economics: Evidence from the TUCE III data,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 385-394, October.
- Kennedy, P. & Siegfried, J., 1995. "Class Size and Advievement in Introductory Economics: Evidence from the Tuce III Data," Discussion Papers dp95-05, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Siegfried, John J, et al, 1996. "Teaching Tools: How Is Introductory Economics Taught in America?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 182-92, January.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999.
NBER Working Papers
7349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William E. Becker, 1997. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1347-1373, September.
- Becker, William E, Jr, 1982. "The Educational Process and Student Achievement Given Uncertainty in Measurement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 229-36, March.
- Chingos, Matthew M., 2012. "The impact of a universal class-size reduction policy: Evidence from Florida's statewide mandate," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 543-562.
- Mandel, Philipp & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2011. "Size matters. The relevance and Hicksian surplus of preferred college class size," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1073-1084, October.
- Harrington, Donna Ramirez & Kulasekera, Kumuduni & Bates, Rick & Bredahl, Maury E., 2006. "Determinants of Student Performance in an Undergraduate Financial Accounting Class," Working Papers 34117, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Mª Covadonga de la Iglesia Villasol & Esperanza Gracia Expósito, 2010. "Valoración de los profesores y asistencia a clase de los alumnos ¿existe relación causal?," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 5, in: María Jesús Mancebón-Torrubia & Domingo P. Ximénez-de-Embún & José María Gómez-Sancho & Greg (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 5, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 50, pages 995-1016 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Jackson, Erika & Page, Marianne E., 2013. "Estimating the distributional effects of education reforms: A look at Project STAR," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 92-103.
- Cohen-Zada, Danny & Gradstein, Mark & Reuven, Ehud, 2013. "Allocation of students in public schools: Theory and new evidence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 96-106.
- Kim Sosin & Betty J. Lecha & Rajshree Agarwal & Robin L. Bartlett & Joseph I. Daniel, 2004. "Efficiency in the Use of Technology in Economic Education: Some Preliminary Results," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 253-258, May.
- Ewing, Andrew M., 2012. "Estimating the impact of relative expected grade on student evaluations of teachers," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 141-154.
- Ehrenberg, R.G.Ronald G., 2004. "Econometric studies of higher education," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 19-37.
- Sproule, Robert, 2002. "The underdetermination of instructor performance by data from the student evaluation of teaching," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 287-294, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.