Education and unemployment duration
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Ham, John, 1979. "Education, Unemployment, and Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages S99-116, October.
- Juha Kettunen, 1992. "A search theoretical analysis of the Finnish unemployment insurance system," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 129-138, Autumn.
- Card, David & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1988.
"Measuring the Effect of Subsidized Training Programs on Movements in and out of Employment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 497-530, May.
- David Card & Daniel Sullivan, 1987. "Measuring the Effect of Subsidized Training Programs on Movements In andOut of Employment," NBER Working Papers 2173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blinder, Alan S & Weiss, Yoram, 1976.
"Human Capital and Labor Supply: A Synthesis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(3), pages 449-72, June.
- Garen, John, 1984. "The Returns to Schooling: A Selectivity Bias Approach with a Continuous Choice Variable," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1199-1218, September.
- Orley Ashenfelter & William Collins & Albert Yoon, 2005. "Evaluating the Role of Brown vs. Board of Education in School Equalization, Desegregation, and the Income of African Americans," Working Papers 501.pdf, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- E.K. Berndt & B.H. Hall & R.E. Hall, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 103-116 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rumberger, Russell W., 1981. "The rising incidence of overeducation in the U.S. Labor market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 293-314, June.
- Kettunen, Juha, . "Re-employment of Finnish Unemployed Workers," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 17.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1990. "Education and earnings in the Netherlands: an empirical analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1353-1375, November.
- Nicholas M. Kiefer, 1985. "Evidence on the Role of Education in Labor Turnover," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(3), pages 445-452.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Tsang, Mun C. & Levin, Henry M., 1985. "The economics of overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 93-104, April.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1991.
"Unemployment Insurance And Unemployment Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
2546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ham, John C & Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1987. "Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(3), pages 325-53, July.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991. "Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- Hartog, Joop, 1986. "Allocation and the Earnings Function," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 97-110.
- Groot, Wim & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1992. "Optimal investment in human capital under uncertainty," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 41-49, March.
- de Wolff, P. & van Slijpe, A. R. D., 1973. "The relation between income, intelligence, education and social background," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 235-264, October.
- Fabra, M. Eugenia & Camisón, Cesar, 2009. "Direct and indirect effects of education on job satisfaction: A structural equation model for the Spanish case," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 600-610, October.
- Simone Balestra & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2012. "When a Door Closes a Window Opens? Investigating the Effects of Involuntary Separations," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0072, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Aug 2013.
- Neville Francis & Laura E. Jackson & Michael T. Owyang, 2013. "Countercyclical policy and the speed of recovery after recessions," Working Papers 2013-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Darja Boršič & Alenka Kavkler, 2009. "Modeling Unemployment Duration in Slovenia using Cox Regression Models," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 145-156, May.
- Garcia-Aracil, Adela & Winter, Carolyn, 2006. "Gender and ethnicity differentials in school attainment and labor market earnings in Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 289-307, February.
- WÃ¶hlbier, Florian, 2002. "Subsidising Education with Unionised Labour Markets," Discussion Papers in Economics 7, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Jüri Sepp & Mart Sõrg, 2004. "Main Features of Academic Economic Education Reforms in The University of Tartu," Working Papers 116, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.