Teacher salaries in Latin America: A review
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 15 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Psacharopoulos, George & Valenzuela, Jorge & Arends, Mary, 1993. "Teachers'salaries in Latin America : a comparative analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1086, The World Bank.
- Komenan, A. G. & Grootaert, C., 1990. "Pay differences between teachers and other occupations: Some empirical evidence from cote d'ivoire," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 209-217, September.
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox, 1989. "Understanding differences in wages relative to income per capita: The case of teachers' salaries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 197-203, April.
- Zymelman, M. & Destefano, J., 1989. "Primary School Teachers' Salaries In Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank - Discussion Papers 45, World Bank.
- Birdsall, Nancy & Fox, M Louise, 1985. "Why Males Earn More: Location and Training of Brazilian Schoolteachers," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(3), pages 533-56, April.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Hugo Díaz, 2000. "La carrera de maestros: Factores institucionales, incentivos económicos y desempeño," Research Department Publications 3109, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Moav, Omer, 2001.
"Cheap Children and the Persistence of Poverty,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3059, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lopez-Acevedo & Gladys, 2004. "Teachers'salaries and professional profile in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3394, The World Bank.
- Bales, Sarah & Rama, Martin, 2001. "Are public sector workers underpaid? - Appropriate comparators in a developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2747, The World Bank.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2001.
"La legislaci�n laboral y el mercado del trabajo en Chile: 1975-2000,"
Documentos de Trabajo
114, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2002. "La legislaci�n laboral y el mercado del trabajo en Chile: 1975-2000," Documentos de Trabajo 116, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Claudia Piras & William D. Savedoff, 1998. "¿Cuánto ganan los docentes?," Research Department Publications 4123, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Hoenack, Stephen A., 1996. "The economics of education in developing countries: An assessment of the state of the art," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 327-338, October.
- Emiliana Vegas & Ilana Umansky, 2005. "Improving Teaching and Learning through Effective Incentives : What Can We Learn from Education Reforms in Latin America?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8694, The World Bank.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2004. "Teachers’ Salary Structure and Incentives in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 193, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- David Bravo & Bárbara Flores & Patricia Medrano, 2010. "¿Se premia la habilidad en el mercado laboral docente? ¿Cuánto impacta en el desempeño de los estudiantes?," Working Papers wp327, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys, 2002. "Teachers'incentives and professional development in schools in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2777, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "Central America : Education Strategy Paper," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8397, The World Bank.
- Claudia Piras & William D. Savedoff, 1998. "How Much Do Teachers Earn?," Research Department Publications 4122, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Acevedo, Gladys Lopez, 2004. "Professional development and incentives for teacher performance in schools in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3236, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.