A possibilistic portfolio adjusting model with new added assets
AbstractIn order to fit changes in financial markets, portfolio managers often need to revise an existing portfolio. This article analyzes the portfolio adjusting problem with new added assets. We propose a possibilistic portfolio adjusting model with transaction costs and bounded constraints on holdings of assets, which can be transformed into a linear programming problem. Both the lower bounds on holdings and the total investment constraints influence the optimal portfolio adjusting strategies. Furthermore, a numerical example of a portfolio adjusting problem is given to illustrate our proposed effective approaches. The numerical results show the case that investors do not need to invest total capital and to hold all assets in the portfolio for some required return levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Modelling.
Volume (Year): 27 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411
Portfolio adjusting analysis Possibilistic return Possibilistic risk Transaction cost Bounded constraints on holdings;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leon, T. & Liern, V. & Vercher, E., 2002. "Viability of infeasible portfolio selection problems: A fuzzy approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 178-189, May.
- Nitin R. Patel & Marti G. Subrahmanyam, 1982. "A Simple Algorithm for Optimal Portfolio Selection with Fixed Transaction Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 303-314, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Zhang, Wei-Guo & Zhang, Xi-Li & Xiao, Wei-Lin, 2009. "Portfolio selection under possibilistic mean-variance utility and a SMO algorithm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 693-700, September.
- John M. Mulvey & Hercules Vladimirou, 1992. "Stochastic Network Programming for Financial Planning Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(11), pages 1642-1664, November.
- Zhang, Wei-Guo & Wang, Ying-Luo, 2008. "An analytic derivation of admissible efficient frontier with borrowing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 229-243, January.
- Sergio Ortobelli Lozza, 2001. "The classification of parametric choices under uncertainty: analysis of the portfolio choice problem," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 297-328, December.
- Andrew J. Morton & Stanley R. Pliska, 1995. "Optimal Portfolio Management With Fixed Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 337-356.
- Chen, Fen-Ying & Liao, Szu-Lang, 2009. "Modelling VaR for foreign-asset portfolios in continuous time," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 234-240, January.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Roca, Eduardo, 2006. "A re-examination of international portfolio diversification based on evidence from leveraged bootstrap methods," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 993-1007, December.
- Andre F. Perold, 1984. "Large-Scale Portfolio Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(10), pages 1143-1160, October.
- Liu, Yong-Jun & Zhang, Wei-Guo & Zhang, Pu, 2013. "A multi-period portfolio selection optimization model by using interval analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 113-119.
- Li, Ting & Zhang, Weiguo & Xu, Weijun, 2013. "Fuzzy possibilistic portfolio selection model with VaR constraint and risk-free investment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 12-17.
- Zhang, Wei-Guo & Liu, Yong-Jun & Xu, Wei-Jun, 2012. "A possibilistic mean-semivariance-entropy model for multi-period portfolio selection with transaction costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(2), pages 341-349.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.