The rise in house prices in Dublin: bubble, fad or just fundamentals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Modelling.
Volume (Year): 18 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. " Does the Stock Market Rationally Reflect Fundamental Values?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 591-601, July.
- van Norden, Simon, 1996.
"Regime Switching as a Test for Exchange Rate Bubbles,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 219-51, May-June.
- Simon van Norden, 1995. "Regime Switching as a Test for Exchange Rate Bubbles," Econometrics 9502001, EconWPA, revised 09 Aug 1995.
- Simon van Norden & Huntley Schaller & ), 1995.
"Fads or Bubbles?,"
9502004, EconWPA, revised 06 Jun 1995.
- Kenny, Geoff, 1998. "The Housing Market and the Macroeconomy: Evidence From Ireland," Research Technical Papers 1/RT/98, Central Bank of Ireland.
- David M. Cutler & James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990.
NBER Working Papers
3242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1996.
"Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?,"
- Vigfusson, R. & Van Norden, S., 1996. "Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?," Working Papers 96-11, Bank of Canada.
- Takatoshi Ito & Tokuo Iwaisako, 1995. "Explaining Asset Bubbles in Japan," NBER Working Papers 5358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 1997.
"Booms and Busts in the UK Housing Market,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1615, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evans, George W, 1991. "Pitfalls in Testing for Explosive Bubbles in Asset Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 922-30, September.
- Flood, Robert P & Hodrick, Robert J, 1990. "On Testing for Speculative Bubbles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 85-101, Spring.
- Denis Conniffe & David Duffy, 1999.
"Irish House Price Indices — Methodological Issues,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(4), pages 403-423.
- Van Norden, S. & Vigfusson, R., 1996.
"Regime-Switching Models, A guide to the Bank of Canada Gauss Procedures,"
96-3, Bank of Canada.
- Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1996. "Regime-Switching Models: A Guide to the Bank of Canada Gauss Procedures," Econometrics 9603004, EconWPA.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-37, March.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1989. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diba, Behzad T & Grossman, Herschel I, 1988. "Explosive Rational Bubbles in Stock Prices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 520-30, June.
- Levin, Eric J. & Wright, Robert E., 1997. "The impact of speculation on house prices in the United Kingdom," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 567-585, October.
- John Muellbauer & Gavin Cameron & John Muellbauer, 2006.
"Was There A British House Price Bubble? Evidence from a Regional Panel,"
Economics Series Working Papers
276, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2006. "Was There a British House Price Bubble? Evidence from a Regional Panel," CEPR Discussion Papers 5619, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Duffy & John Fitz Gerald & Ide Kearney, 2005.
"Rising House Prices in an Open Labour Market,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(3), pages 251-272.
- Park, Donghyun & Xiao, Qin, 2009. "Housing Prices and the Role of Speculation: The Case of Seoul," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 146, Asian Development Bank.
- Huang, MeiChi, 2014. "Bubble-like housing boom–bust cycles: Evidence from the predictive power of households’ expectations," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 2-16.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & BERTINELLI, Luisito & STROBL, Eric, 2002.
"Coagglomeration and growth,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2002053, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bertinelli, Luisito & Barrios Cobos, Salvador & Strobl, Eric, 2003. "Coagglomeration and Growth," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-39, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Barrios, Salvador & Bertinelli, Luisito & Strobl, Eric, 2003. "Coagglomeration and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3969, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frederic Laurin & John-John D'Argensio & Thea Goginashvili, 2010. "The Real Estate Conundrum in the CEE Office Markets: Thinking Too Big?," Working Papers 10-001, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- John Knight & Stephen Satchell & Nandini Srivastava, 2012. "Steady-State Distributions for Models of Bubbles: their Existence and Econometric Implications," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1208, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Gavin Cameron & John Muellbauer & Anthony Murphy, 2005. "Booms, Busts and Ripples in British Regional Housing Markets," Macroeconomics 0512003, EconWPA.
- Luis M. Cubeddu & Camilo Ernesto Tovar Mora & Evridiki Tsounta, 2012. "Latin America: Vulnerabilities Under Construction?," IMF Working Papers 12/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Patricia Fraser & Martin Hoesli & Lynn McAlevey, 2008.
"House Prices and Bubbles in New Zealand,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 71-91, July.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & GORG, Holger & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Multinationals' location choice, agglomeration economies and public incentives," CORE Discussion Papers 2003017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stevenson, Simon & Young, James & Gurdgiev, Constantin, 2010. "A comparison of the appraisal process for auction and private treaty residential sales," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 145-154, June.
- Kim, Bong Han & Min, Hong-Ghi, 2011. "Household lending, interest rates and housing price bubbles in Korea: Regime switching model and Kalman filter approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1415-1423, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.