Multi-country real business cycle models: Accuracy tests and test bench
AbstractThis paper describes the methodology used to compare the results of different solution algorithms for a multi-country real business cycle model. It covers in detail the structure of the model, the choice of values for the parameters, the accuracy tests used in the comparison, and the computer program specifically developed for performing the tests.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 35 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Accuracy tests Numerical solutions Heterogeneous agents;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Den Haan, Wouter J & Marcet, Albert, 1994.
"Accuracy in Simulations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 3-17, January.
- S. B. Aruoba & Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2005.
"Comparing Solution Methods for Dynamic Equilibrium Economies,"
122247000000000855, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aruoba, S. Boragan & Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus & Rubio-Ramirez, Juan F., 2006. "Comparing solution methods for dynamic equilibrium economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2477-2508, December.
- S. Boragan Aruoba & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2003. "Comparing Solution Methods for Dynamic Equilibrium Economies," PIER Working Paper Archive 04-003, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- S. Boragan Aruoba & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramirez, 2003. "Comparing solution methods for dynamic equilibrium economies," Working Paper 2003-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711, December.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1992. "Projection methods for solving aggregate growth models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 410-452, December.
- Lilia Maliar & Serguei Maliar & Sébastien Villemot, 2013.
"Taking Perturbation to the Accuracy Frontier: A Hybrid of Local and Global Solutions,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 42(3), pages 307-325, October.
- Maliar, Lilia & Maliar, Serguei & Villemot, Sébastien, 2011. "Taking Perturbation to the Accuracy Frontier: A Hybrid of Local and Global Solutions," Dynare Working Papers 6, CEPREMAP, revised Jul 2012.
- Yongyang Cai & Kenneth L. Judd & Greg Thain & Stephen J. Wright, 2013. "Solving Dynamic Programming Problems on a Computational Grid," NBER Working Papers 18714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T.V.S.Ramamohan Rao, 2011. "Contemporary Relevance and Ongoing Controversies Related to the CES Production Function," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 9(2), pages 36-57, July.
- Kenneth L. Judd & Lilia Maliar & Serguei Maliar, 2010. "A Cluster-Grid Projection Method: Solving Problems with High Dimensionality," NBER Working Papers 15965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Villemot, Sébastien, 2012. "Accelerating the resolution of sovereign debt models using an endogenous grid method," Dynare Working Papers 17, CEPREMAP.
- Yongyang Cai & Kenneth L. Judd & Thomas S. Lontzek & Valentina Michelangeli & Che-Lin Su, 2013. "Nonlinear Programming Method for Dynamic Programming," NBER Working Papers 19034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.