How to maximize domestic benefits from foreign investments: the effect of irreversibility and uncertainty
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 29 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buckley, Peter J & Casson, Mark, 1981. "The Optimal Timing of a Foreign Direct Investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 75-87, March.
- Morrisset, Jacques & Pirnia, Neda, 2000. "How tax policy and incentives affect foreign direct investment - a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2509, The World Bank.
- Gordon, Roger H, 1992.
" Can Capital Income Taxes Survive in Open Economies?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1159-80, July.
- Roger H. Gordon, 1990. "Can Capital Income Taxes Survive in Open Economies?," NBER Working Papers 3416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John V. Leahy & Toni M. Whited, 1995.
"The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts,"
NBER Working Papers
4986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leahy, John V & Whited, Toni M, 1996. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 64-83, February.
- Luigi Guiso & Giuseppe Parigi, 1999.
"Investment And Demand Uncertainty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 114(1), pages 185-227, February.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1987. "Foreign direct investment with unemployment and endogenous taxes and tariffs," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 257-279, May.
- Hansson, Ingemar & Stuart, Charles, 1989. "Why Is Investment Subsidized?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 549-59, August.
- Black, Dan A & Hoyt, William H, 1989. "Bidding for Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1249-56, December.
- Haufler,Andreas, 2008.
"Taxation in a Global Economy,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521047593, December.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1984.
"Trade warfare: Tariffs and cartels,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 227-242, May.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 1997. "Foreign direct investment, political resentment and the privatization process in eastern Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 177-210, 04.
- Haaparanta, Pertti, 1996. "Competition for foreign direct investments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 141-153, December.
- Campa, Joe Manuel, 1993. "Entry by Foreign Firms in the United States under Exchange Rate Uncertainty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 614-22, November.
- Andreas Haufler & Ian Wooton, .
"Country Size and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment,"
9702, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999. "Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Abel, Andrew B & Eberly, Janice C, 1996.
"Optimal Investment with Costly Reversibility,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 581-93, October.
- Brainard, S Lael, 1997. "An Empirical Assessment of the Proximity-Concentration Trade-off between Multinational Sales and Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 520-44, September.
- Pennings, Enrico, 2000. "Taxes and stimuli of investment under uncertainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 383-391, February.
- Mackie-Mason, Jeffrey K., 1990. "Some nonlinear tax effects on asset values and investment decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 301-327, August.
- Sarkar, Sudipto, 2012. "Attracting private investment: Tax reduction, investment subsidy, or both?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1780-1785.
- Davin Chor, 2007.
"Subsidies for FDI: Implications from a Model with Heterogeneous Firms,"
04-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Chor, Davin, 2009. "Subsidies for FDI: Implications from a model with heterogeneous firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 113-125, June.
- Davin Chor, 2007. "Subsides for FDI : Implications from a Model with Heterogeneous Firms," Finance Working Papers 22069, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Davin Chor, 2006. "Subsidies for FDI: Implications from a Model with Heterogenous Firms," 2006 Meeting Papers 475, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Corato, Luca Di & Hess, Sebastian, 2013. "A Dynamic Stochastic Programming Framework for Modeling Large Scale Land Deals in Developing Countries," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150190, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Danielova, Anna & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2011. "The effect of leverage on the tax-cut versus investment-subsidy argument," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 123-129.
- Asano, Takao, 2010. "Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 185-200, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.