Optimal consumption and investment strategies with a perishable and an indivisible durable consumption good
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 28 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bodie, Zvi & Merton, Robert C. & Samuelson, William F., 1992.
"Labor supply flexibility and portfolio choice in a life cycle model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 427-449.
- Zvi Bodie & Robert C. Merton & William F. Samuelson, 1992. "Labor Supply Flexibility and Portfolio Choice in a Life-Cycle Model," NBER Working Papers 3954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu, 1993. "Optimal Consumption and Portfolio Rules with Durability and Local Substitution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 85-121, January.
- John Y. Campbell & Luis M. Viceira, 2000.
"Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1895, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Viceira, Luis & Campbell, John, 2001. "Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?," Scholarly Articles 3128709, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. CAMPBELL & Luis VICEIRA, 1998. "Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?," FAME Research Paper Series rp5, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- John Y. Campbell & Luis M. Viceira, 1998. "Who Should Buy Long-Term Bonds?," NBER Working Papers 6801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Guy Laroque, 1988.
"Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods,"
NBER Working Papers
2369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Laroque, Guy, 1990. "Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 25-51, January.
- Sanford J Grossman & Guy Laroque, 2003. "Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000803, David K. Levine.
- Duffie, Darrell & Fleming, Wendell & Soner, H. Mete & Zariphopoulou, Thaleia, 1997. "Hedging in incomplete markets with HARA utility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 753-782, May.
- David A. Marshall & Nayan G. Parekh, 1999. "Can Costs of Consumption Adjustment Explain Asset Pricing Puzzles?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 623-654, 04.
- Cuoco, Domenico, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Equilibrium Prices with Portfolio Constraints and Stochastic Income," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-73, January.
- Domenico Cuoco & Hong Liu, .
"Optimal Consumption of a Divisible Durable Good,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
20-98, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Jérôme B. Detemple & Christos I. Giannikos, 1995.
"Asset and Commodity Prices with Multiattribute Durable Goods,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Detemple, Jerome B. & Giannikos, Christos I., 1996. "Asset and commodity prices with multi-attribute durable goods," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1451-1504, August.
- (*), Thaleia Zariphopoulou & George M. Constantinides, 1999.
"Bounds on prices of contingent claims in an intertemporal economy with proportional transaction costs and general preferences,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 345-369.
- George M. Constantinides & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, . "Bounds on Prices of Contingent Claims in an Intertemporal Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs and General Preferences," CRSP working papers 347, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Zhu, Steven H., 1997. "Optimal consumption and portfolio rules with durability and habit formation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 525-550.
- Corradin, Stefano & Fillat, Jose L. & Vergara, Carles, 2012.
"Optimal portfolio choice with predictability in house prices and transaction costs,"
IESE Research Papers
D/948, IESE Business School.
- Stefano Corradin & José L. Fillat & Carles Vergara-Alert, 2010. "Optimal portfolio choice with predictability in house prices and transaction costs," Risk and Policy Analysis Unit Working Paper QAU10-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Corradin, Stefano & Fillat, José L. & Vergara-Alert, Carles, 2012. "Optimal portfolio choice with predictability in house prices and transaction costs," Working Paper Series 1470, European Central Bank.
- João Amaro de Matos & Nuno Silva, 2011. "Consuming durable goods when stock markets jump: a strategic asset allocation approach," GEMF Working Papers 2012-01, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Francesco, MENONCIN, 2003. "Optimal Real Consumption and Asset Allocation for a HARA Investor with Labour Income," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2003015, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Josa-Fombellida, Ricardo & Rincón-Zapatero, Juan Pablo, 2008. "Funding and investment decisions in a stochastic defined benefit pension plan with several levels of labor-income earnings," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/5578, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Damgaard, Anders, 2006. "Computation of reservation prices of options with proportional transaction costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 415-444, March.
- Marekwica, Marcel & Schaefer, Alexander & Sebastian, Steffen, 2013. "Life cycle asset allocation in the presence of housing and tax-deferred investing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1110-1125.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 2003.
"Optimal Dynamic Choice of Durable and Perishable Goods,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse29_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 2003. "Optimal Dynamic Choice of Durable and Perishable Goods," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000402, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2007.
"Efficient Portfolios when Housing Needs Change over the Life-Cycle,"
2007_31, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Pelizzon, Loriana & Weber, Guglielmo, 2009. "Efficient portfolios when housing needs change over the life cycle," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2110-2121, November.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2007. "Efficient Portfolios when Housing Needs Change over the Life-Cycle," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0037, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Marekwica, Marcel & Stamos, Michael Z., 2010. "Optimal life cycle portfolio choice with housing market cycles," CFS Working Paper Series 2010/21, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.