Two-factor convertible bonds valuation using the method of characteristics/finite elements
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 27 (2003)
Issue (Month): 10 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bliss, Robert R & Ronn, Ehud I, 1998. "Callable U.S. Treasury Bonds: Optimal Calls, Anomalies, and Implied Volatilities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(2), pages 211-52, April.
- Zvan, R. & Vetzal, K. R. & Forsyth, P. A., 2000. "PDE methods for pricing barrier options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(11-12), pages 1563-1590, October.
- Gregory R. Duffee, 1994.
"Idiosyncratic variation of Treasury bill yields,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-28, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hans-Jürg Büttler & Jorg Waldvogel, 1996. "Pricing Callable Bonds By Means Of Green'S Function," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 53-88.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr, 1977. "An Examination of Corporate Call Policies on Convertible Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 463-78, May.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Brennan, M J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1977. "Convertible Bonds: Valuation and Optimal Strategies for Call and Conversion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1699-1715, December.
- Jalan, P. & Barone-Adesi, G., 1995. "Equity financing and corporate convertible bond policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 187-206, May.
- Dietmar Leisen & Matthias Reimer, 1996. "Binomial models for option valuation - examining and improving convergence," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 319-346.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- K. G. Nyborg, 1996. "The use and pricing of convertible bonds," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 167-190.
- Duffie, Darrell & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1999. "Modeling Term Structures of Defaultable Bonds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 687-720.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- McConnell, John J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1986. " LYON Taming," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 561-76, July.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Song-Ping Zhu & Jing Zhang, 2012. "How should a convertible bond be decomposed?," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 113-149, November.
- Zhou, Qi-Yuan & Wu, Chong-Feng & Feng, Yun, 2007. "Decomposing and valuing callable convertible bonds: a new method based on exotic options," MPRA Paper 7421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lim, Dongjae & Li, Lingfei & Linetsky, Vadim, 2012. "Evaluating callable and putable bonds: An eigenfunction expansion approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 1888-1908.
- Siddiqi, Mazhar A., 2009. "Investigating the effectiveness of convertible bonds in reducing agency costs: A Monte-Carlo approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1360-1370, November.
- Manuel Ammann & Axel Kind & Christian Wilde, 2005.
"Simulation-Based Pricing of Convertible Bonds,"
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.