Optimal consumption/investment policies with undiversifiable income risk and liquidity constraints
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 24 (2000)
Issue (Month): 9 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- He, Hua & Pages, Henri F, 1993. "Labor Income, Borrowing Constraints, and Equilibrium Asset Prices," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 663-96, October.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1989. "Optimal consumption and portfolio policies when asset prices follow a diffusion process," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-83, October.
- Deaton, Angus, 1991.
"Saving and Liquidity Constraints,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society,
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1221-48, September.
- Deaton, A., 1989. "Saving And Liquidity Constraints," Papers, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs 153, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Angus Deaton, 1989. "Saving and Liquidity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 3196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Zhu, Steven H., 1997. "Numerical analysis of a free-boundary singular control problem in financial economics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 297-327.
- Darrell Duffie & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 1993. "Optimal Investment With Undiversifiable Income Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 135-148.
- R. C. Merton, 1970.
"Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model,"
58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971. "Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- Hans Andersson & B. Sailesh Ramamurtie & Bharat Ramaswami, 1995. "An intertemporal model of consumption and portfolio allocation," Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta 95-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Heaton, John & Lucas, Deborah, 1997. "Market Frictions, Savings Behavior, And Portfolio Choice," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 76-101, January.
- Duffie, Darrell & Fleming, Wendell & Soner, H. Mete & Zariphopoulou, Thaleia, 1997. "Hedging in incomplete markets with HARA utility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 753-782, May.
- Svensson, Lars E. O. & Werner, Ingrid M., 1993.
"Nontraded assets in incomplete markets : Pricing and portfolio choice,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1149-1168, June.
- Svensson, L.E. & Werner, I., 1990. "Nontraded Assets in Incomplete Markets: Pricing and Portfolio Choices," Papers, Stockholm - International Economic Studies 477, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Cuoco, Domenico, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Equilibrium Prices with Portfolio Constraints and Stochastic Income," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 33-73, January.
- Hyeng Keun Koo, 1998. "Consumption and Portfolio Selection with Labor Income: A Continuous Time Approach," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 49-65.
- Munk, Claus & SÃ¸rensen, Carsten, 2010. "Dynamic asset allocation with stochastic income and interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 433-462, June.
- John H. Cochrane, 2014.
"A Mean-Variance Benchmark for Intertemporal Portfolio Theory,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 69(1), pages 1-49, 02.
- John H. Cochrane, 2013. "A Mean-Variance Benchmark for Intertemporal Portfolio Theory," NBER Working Papers 18768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morten Tolver Kronborg, 2014. "Optimal Consumption and Investment with Labor Income and European/American Capital Guarantee," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(2), pages 171-194, May.
- Henderson, Vicky, 2005. "Explicit solutions to an optimal portfolio choice problem with stochastic income," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1237-1266, July.
- Wang, J. & Forsyth, P.A., 2010. "Numerical solution of the Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman formulation for continuous time mean variance asset allocation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 207-230, February.
- Ljudmila A. Bordag & Ivan P. Yamshchikov & Dmitry Zhelezov, 2014. "Portfolio optimization in the case of an asset with a given liquidation time distribution," Papers 1407.3154, arXiv.org.
- Larsen, Linda Sandris & Munk, Claus, 2012. "The costs of suboptimal dynamic asset allocation: General results and applications to interest rate risk, stock volatility risk, and growth/value tilts," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 266-293.
- European Central Bank & Stefano Corradin, 2009.
2009 Meeting Papers, Society for Economic Dynamics
906, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Zeng, Yan & Wu, Huiling & Lai, Yongzeng, 2013. "Optimal investment and consumption strategies with state-dependent utility functions and uncertain time-horizon," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 462-470.
- Martin B. Haugh & Leonid Kogan & Jiang Wang, 2003. "Evaluating Portfolio Policies: A Duality Approach," NBER Working Papers 9861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.