Foreign direct investment and technology spillovers: Evidence from panel data analysis of manufacturing firms in Zambia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 81 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausner, Ulrich, 1999. "A 1995 social accounting matrix for Zambia:," TMD discussion papers 49, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Caves, Richard E, 1974. "Multinational Firms, Competition, and Productivity in Host-Country Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 176-93, May.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, .
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model,"
W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond & Frank Windmeijer, 2000. "Estimation in dynamic panel data models: improving on the performance of the standard GMM estimator," IFS Working Papers W00/12, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Mansfield, Edwin & Romeo, Anthony, 1980. "Technology Transfer to Overseas Subsidiaries by U.S.-Based Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 737-50, December.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996.
"Competition and Corporate Performance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-46, August.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-97, November.
- Tomáš Havránek & Zuzana Iršová, 2010. "Meta-Analysis of Intra-Industry FDI Spillovers: Updated Evidence," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(2), pages 151-174, May.
- Senbeta, Sisay, 2008. "The nexus between FDI and Total Factor Productivity Growth in Sub Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 31067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hübler, Michael & Glas, Alexander, 2013. "The energy-bias of North-South technology spillovers: A global, bilateral, bisectoral trade analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-031, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Qazi, Ahmar Qasim & Zhao, Yulin, 2013. "Indigenous R&D Effectiveness and Technology Transfer on Productivity Growth: Evidence from the Hi-Tech Industry of China," MPRA Paper 46589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guoqing Zhao & Zhongyuan Zhang, 2011. "Does method selection matter? A new look at FDI and human capital in Chinese high-tech industries," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 36-54, March.
- Anagaw Derseh Mebratie & Arjun S. Bedi, 2013.
"Foreign direct investment, black economic empowerment and labour productivity in South Africa,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 94-115, February.
- Mebratie, Anagaw Derseh & Bedi, Arjun S., 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment, Black Economic Empowerment and Labour Productivity in South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 6048, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- LEE, Keun & CHOO, Kineung & Yoon, Minho, 2013. "Comparing the Productivity Impacts of Knowledge Spillovers from Network and Arm’s Length Industries:Findings from Business Groups in Korea," IIR Working Paper 13-15, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yanling Wang, 2010. "Exposure to FDI and New Plant Survival: Evidence in Canada," Carleton Economic Papers 10-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Jeon, Yongbok & Park, Byung Il & Ghauri, Pervez N., 2013. "Foreign direct investment spillover effects in China: Are they different across industries with different technological levels?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 105-117.
- Tomáš Havránek & Zuzana Iršová, 2011.
"How to Stir Up FDI Spillovers: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis,"
Working Papers IES
2011/34, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2011.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2011. "How to Stir Up FDI Spillovers: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1021, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Muehlen, Henning, 2013. "Firm-Level Productivity Spillovers from FDI in Latin American Countries," IEE Working Papers 196, Institut fuer Entwicklungsforschung und Entwicklungspolitik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum.
- Iršová, Zuzana & Havránek, Tomáš, 2013.
"Determinants of Horizontal Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-15.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2011. "Determinants of Horizontal Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis," Working Papers 2011/07, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Amendolagine, Vito & Boly, Amadou & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele & Prota, Francesco & Seric, Adnan, 2013. "FDI and Local Linkages in Developing Countries: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 41-56.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Jong-Rong Chen & V. Pradeep Author-X-Name- V, 2008. "Productivity Spillovers In Indian Manufacturing Firms," Monash Economics Working Papers 30/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Lau, Chi Keung Marco & Suvankulov, Farrukh & Karabag, Solmaz Filiz, 2012. "Determinants of firm competitiveness: case of the Turkish textile and apparel industry," MPRA Paper 46974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.