The big push, industrialization and international trade: The role of exports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danyang Xie & Ping Wang, 2002.
"Activation of a Modern Industry,"
IMF Working Papers
02/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Ping Wang & Danyang Xie, 2001. "Activation of a Modern Industry," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0135, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Robert E Lucas, 1999.
"Making a Miracle,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2101, David K. Levine.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1003-26, October.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Industrialization and the Big Push," NBER Working Papers 2708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989. "Industrialization and the Big Push," Scholarly Articles 3606235, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-22, February.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004.
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Eric W. Bond & Ronald W. Jones & Ping Wang, 2005. "Economic Takeoffs in a Dynamic Process of Globalization," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-19, 02.
- Rhee, Yung Whee, 1990. "The catalyst model of development: Lessons from Bangladesh's success with garment exports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 333-346, February.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "The division of labor and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-32, April.
- Dani Rodrick, 2003.
Economics working papers
2003-17, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Englmaier, Florian & Reisinger, Markus, 2006.
"Information, Coordination, and the Industrialization of Countries,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
87, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Florian Englmaier & Markus Reisinger, 2008. "Information, Coordination and the Industrialization of Countries," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(3), pages 534-550, September.
- Florian Englmaier & Markus Reisinger, 2006. "Information, Coordination, and the Industrialization of Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 1670, CESifo Group Munich.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Ricardo Paes Mamede, 2008. "Structural Transformation and the role of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal: a descriptive analysis for the period 1990-2005," GEE Papers 0009, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia e da Inovação, revised Dec 2008.
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo, 2010.
"Beyond the average effects: The distributional impacts of export promotion programs in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2010. "Beyond The Average Effects: The Distributional Impacts of Export Promotion Programs in Developing Countries," IDB Publications 36718, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Dipankar Dasgupta & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Public infrastructure, employment and sustainable growth in a small open economy with and without foreign direct investment," Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 257-291.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele, 2012. "Big push or big failure? On the effectiveness of industrialization policies for economic development," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 129-141.
- Chang, Ming-Jen & Wang, Ping & Xie, Danyang, 2011. "The dynamic process of economic takeoff and industrial transformation," MPRA Paper 31868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ron Sandrey & Hannah Edinger, 2011. "Working Paper 128 - China’s Manufacturing and Industrialization in Africa," Working Paper Series 294, African Development Bank.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2005. "The East Asian Industrial Policy Experience: Implications for the Middle East," Working Paper Series WP05-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.