The big push, industrialization and international trade: The role of exports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
3606235, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-22, February.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "The division of labor and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-32, April.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1993.
"Making a Miracle,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 251-72, March.
- Wang, Ping & Xie, Danyang, 2004.
"Activation of a modern industry,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 393-410, August.
- Danyang Xie & Ping Wang, 2002. "Activation of a Modern Industry," IMF Working Papers 02/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Ping Wang & Danyang Xie, 2001. "Activation of a Modern Industry," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0135, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004.
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Rhee, Yung Whee, 1990. "The catalyst model of development: Lessons from Bangladesh's success with garment exports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 333-346, February.
- Eric W. Bond & Ronald W. Jones & Ping Wang, 2005. "Economic Takeoffs in a Dynamic Process of Globalization," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-19, 02.
- Florian Englmaier & Markus Reisinger, 2006.
"Information, Coordination, and the Industrialization of Countries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1670, CESifo Group Munich.
- Florian Englmaier & Markus Reisinger, 2008. "Information, Coordination and the Industrialization of Countries," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(3), pages 534-550, September.
- Englmaier, Florian & Reisinger, Markus, 2006. "Information, Coordination, and the Industrialization of Countries," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 87, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2005.
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 967-1014
- Dani Rodrik, 2003. "Growth Strategies," NBER Working Papers 10050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2003. "Growth Strategies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4100, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrick, 2003. "Growth Strategies," Economics working papers 2003-17, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Ron Sandrey & Hannah Edinger, 2011. "Working Paper 128 - China’s Manufacturing and Industrialization in Africa," Working Paper Series 294, African Development Bank.
- Dipankar Dasgupta & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Public infrastructure, employment and sustainable growth in a small open economy with and without foreign direct investment," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 257-291.
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo, 2010.
"Beyond the average effects: The distributional impacts of export promotion programs in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2010. "Beyond The Average Effects: The Distributional Impacts of Export Promotion Programs in Developing Countries," IDB Publications 36718, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Ricardo Paes Mamede, 2008. "Structural Transformation and the role of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal: a descriptive analysis for the period 1990-2005," GEE Papers 0009, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia e da Inovação, revised Dec 2008.
- Scott Beaulier & J. Subrick, 2006. "Poverty traps and the robust political economy of development assistance," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 217-226, June.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele, 2012. "Big push or big failure? On the effectiveness of industrialization policies for economic development," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 129-141.
- Chang, Ming-Jen & Wang, Ping & Xie, Danyang, 2011. "The dynamic process of economic takeoff and industrial transformation," MPRA Paper 31868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2005. "The East Asian Industrial Policy Experience: Implications for the Middle East," Working Paper Series WP05-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.