Foreign direct investment and the relative wage in a developing economy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 67 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Perry, Martin K, 1984. "Scale Economies, Imperfect Competition, and Public Policy," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 313-33, March.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1984.
"International Trade, Foreign Investment, and the Formation of the Entrepreneurial Class,"
NBER Working Papers
1174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Gene M, 1984. "International Trade, Foreign Investment, and the Formation of the Entrepreneurial Class," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 605-14, September.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1996.
"Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality,"
NBER Working Papers
5424, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cragg, Michael Ian & Epelbaum, Mario, 1996. "Why has wage dispersion grown in Mexico? Is it the incidence of reforms or the growing demand for skills?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 99-116, October.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-98, April.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras,"
NBER Working Papers
5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- C.C. von Weizsaker, 1980. "A Welfare Analysis of Barriers to Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 399-420, Autumn.
- Suzumura, Kotaro & Kiyono, Kazuharu, 1987. "Entry Barriers and Economic Welfare," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 157-67, January.
- Beyer, Harald & Rojas, Patricio & Vergara, Rodrigo, 1999. "Trade liberalization and wage inequality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 103-123, June.
- Das, Satya P., 2001. "Trade and relative wages: The role of supervisory function by skilled workers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 45-65, January.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 2001. "Innovation and wage effects of international outsourcing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 67-86, January.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2008. "Factor mobility, wage inequality and welfare," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 495-506, October.
- Sule Ozler & Erol Taymaz, 2004. "Does foreign ownership matter for survival and growth? Dynamics of competition and foreign direct investment," ERC Working Papers 0406, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2004.
- Arti Grover, 2005. "Outsourcing Versus Foreign Direct Investment--A Welfare Analysis," Working papers 140, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Delia Ionaºcu & Kresimir Zigic, 2005. "Strategic Tariff Protection, Market Conduct, and Government Commitment Levels in Developing Economies," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp249, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Dierk Herzer & Philipp Hühne & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2012. "FDI and Income Inequality - Evidence from Latin American Economies," Kiel Working Papers 1791, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Wenli Cheng & Dingsheng Zhang, 2005. "Would Outsourcing Increase or Decrease Wage Inequality? Two Models, Two Answers," Monash Economics Working Papers 20/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Anwar, Sajid & Rice, John, 2009. "Labour mobility and wage inequality in the presence of endogenous foreign investment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1135-1139, November.
- Reza Oladi & John Gilbert & Hamid Beladi, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Non-traded Goods and Real Wages,"
2008-04, Utah State University, Department of Economics, revised 23 Dec 2008.
- Reza Oladi & John Gilbert & Hamid Beladi, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment, Non‐Traded Goods And Real Wages," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 36-41, 02.
- Reza Oladi & John Gilbert & Hamid Beladi, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, Non-traded Goods and Real Wages," Working Papers 200804, Utah State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Josh Hall, 2009. "Within and Across Country Inequality in a Model of Trade and Endogenous Growth," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2012. "Trade liberalisation, market competition and wage inequality in China's manufacturing sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1268-1277.
- Beaulieu, Eugene & Benarroch, Michael & Gaisford, James, 2004. "Trade barriers and wage inequality in a North-South model with technology-driven intra-industry trade," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 113-136, October.
- Arti Grover, 2010. "Outsourcing Versus Foreign Direct Investment: A Welfare Analysis," Working Papers id:3010, eSocialSciences.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2009. "Sector specific foreign investment, labour inflow, economies of scale and welfare," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 626-630, May.
- Subhadip Ghosh, 2003. "FDI and the relative wage in a North South global economy," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 03-03, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:22:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.