Costly intermediation, the big push and the big crash
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 59 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1988.
"Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income,"
RCER Working Papers
131, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1076-1107, October.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1988. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," Working Papers 88-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Boyan Jovanovic, 1989. "Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income," NBER Working Papers 3189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9002, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-43, May.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, Peter A, 1982.
"Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 881-94, October.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1984.
"Costly Monitoring, Financial Intermediation, and Equilibrium Credit Rationing,"
583, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 1986. "Costly monitoring, financial intermediation, and equilibrium credit rationing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 159-179, September.
- Gertler, Mark, 1988.
"Financial Structure and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Overview,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 559-88, August.
- Mark Gertler, 1988. "Financial structure and aggregate economic activity: an overview," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 559-596.
- Mark L. Gertler, 1988. "Financial Structure and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Overview," NBER Working Papers 2559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zsolt Becsi & Ping Wang & Mark A. Wynne, 1998. "Endogenous market structures and financial development," Working Paper 98-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- John H. Boyd & Edward C. Prescott, 1985.
87, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sussman, Oren & Zeira, Joseph, 1995. "Banking and Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 1127, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mayer, Colin, 1987.
"New Issues in Corporate Finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Yung Chul Park, 1987. "Korean Growth Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(2), pages 389-454.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Zsolt Becsi & Ping Wang, 1997. "Financial development and growth," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 4, pages 46-62.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-76, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Williamson, Stephen D, 1986. "Increasing Returns to Scale in Financial Intermediation and the Non-neuturality of Government Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 863-75, October.
- Randall Morck, 2011.
"Finance and Governance in Developing Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
16870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Minier, Jenny, 2009. "Opening a stock exchange," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 135-143, September.
- Hung, Fu-Sheng & Cothren, Richard, 2002. "Credit market development and economic growth," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 219-237.
- Cafer Kaplan & Ferhan Salman, 2007. "Intermediation Costs and Financial Fragility," Working Papers 2008/12, Turkish Economic Association.
- Jinyoung Hwang & Neville Nien-Heui Jiang & Ping Wang, 2002. "Financial Collusion and Over-Lending," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0229, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Oct 2003.
- Neville N. Jiang & Ping Wang & Haibin Wu, 2002. "Finance Thy Growth: The Role of Occupational Choice By Ability-Heterogeneous Agents," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0228, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Oct 2003.
- Been-Lon Chen & Mei Hsu & Chia-Hui Lu, 2007. "Status and Multiple Growth Regimes," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 07-A010, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.