The attraction of cities : A review of the migration literature
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (1977)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew P. Barkley, 1991. "The Determinants of Interdistrict Labour In-migration in Pakistan, 1971-1980," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 275-296.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertinelli, Luisito & Black, Duncan, 2004.
"Urbanization and growth,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 80-96, July.
- Harry X Wu & Li Zhou, 1996. "Research on Rural-to-Urban Labour Migration in the Post-Reform China: A Survey," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1996-04, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- Prabir C. Bhattacharya, 2002. "Rural-to-urban migration in LDCS: a test of two rival models," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 951-972.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1987. "Labor Markets in Low Income Countries: Distortions, Mobility and Migration," Bulletins 7506, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2003.
"Are experience and schooling complementary?,"
FCND discussion papers
166, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wu, Zhongmin & Yao, Shujie, 2003. "Intermigration and intramigration in China: A theoretical and empirical analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 371-385.
- Bruch, Mathias, 1982. "Lohnsatzdifferenzen zwischen grossen und kleinen Industriebetrieben: Eine Untersuchung für die ASEAN-Länder," Kiel Working Papers 137, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Zheren WU, 2008. "Self-selection and Earnings of Migrants: Evidence from Rural China," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-25, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Jaleel Ahmad, 2000. "Factor Market Dualism, Small Scale Industry and Labor Absorption," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 111-126, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.