Real vs. financial investment can Tobin taxes eliminate the irreversibility distortion?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- DemIr, FIrat, 2009. "Capital Market Imperfections and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets: Private Investment and Cash Flow Relationship Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 953-964, May.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Izquierdo & John Jairo Leon, 2010.
"The Role of Relative Price Volatility in the Efficiency of Investment Allocation,"
Research Department Publications
4682, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cavallo, Eduardo & Galindo, Arturo & Izquierdo, Alejandro & León, John Jairo, 2013. "The role of relative price volatility in the efficiency of investment allocation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-18.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Izquierdo & John Jairo León, 2010. "The Role of Relative Price Volatility in the Efficiency of Investment Allocation," IDB Publications 6870, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Thomas Palley, 1999. "Speculation and Tobin taxes: Why sand in the wheels can increase economic efficiency," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 113-126, June.
- Demir, Firat, 2007. "Private Investment and Cash Flow Relationship Revisited: Capital Market Imperfections and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 3081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demir, FIrat, 2009. "Financial liberalization, private investment and portfolio choice: Financialization of real sectors in emerging markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 314-324, March.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret, 2000. "Quel role pour les controles des mouvements internationaux de capitaux ?," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 81, pages 77-108.
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, 1997. "El Retorno de los Capitales Privados a Chile en los Noventa: Causas, Efectos y Reacciones de Política," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 34(103), pages 339-362.
- Jarita Duasa & Paul Mosley, 2006.
"Capital Controls Re-examined: The Case for 'Smart' Controls,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(9), pages 1203-1226, 09.
- Paul Mosley & Jarita Duasa, 2005. "Capital controls re-examined: the case for ‘smart’ controls," Working Papers 2005009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Demir, Firat, 2007. "Private Investment, Portfolio Choice and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 3835, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2007.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption, composition of capital flows, and currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2429, The World Bank.
- Laban, Raul M. & Larrain, Felipe B., 1997. "Can a liberalization of capital outflows increase net capital inflows?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 415-431, June.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Pierdzioch, Christian, 1998. "Taxing short-term capital flows - An option for transition economies?," Kiel Discussion Papers 321, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Margareta Kulessa, 1996. "The Tobin tax: A tool for allocative or distributional policies?," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 122-131, May.
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, . "What Drives Capital Flows? Lessons from Recent Chilean Experience," Documentos de Trabajo 168, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, . "Can a Liberalization of Capital Outflows Increase Net Capital Inflows?," Documentos de Trabajo 155, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Serven, Luis, 1997. "Uncertainty, instability, and irreversible investment : theory, evidence, and lessons for Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1722, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.