The demand for tenure security in developing countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Dufwenberg & Gunnar Köhlin & Peter Martinsson & Haileselassie Medhin, 2014.
"Thanks but No Thanks: A New Policy to Reduce Land Conflict,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4864, CESifo Group Munich.
- Martin Dufwenberg & Gunnar Köhlin & Peter Martinsson & Haileselassie Medhin, 2014. "Thanks but No Thanks: A New Policy to Reduce Land Conflict," Working Papers 519, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Köhlin, Gunnar & Martinsson, Peter & Medhin, Haileselassie, 2013. "Thanks but No Thanks: A New Policy to Avoid Land Conflict," Discussion Papers dp-13-01-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Michael Jacobs & William D. Savedoff, 1999. "There's More Than One Way to Get a House: Housing Strategies in Panama," Research Department Publications 4156, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Michael Jacobs & William D. Savedoff, 1999. "Hay más de una manera de obtener vivienda: estrategias de vivienda en Panamá," Research Department Publications 4157, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2013. "Slums in developing countries: New evidence for Indonesia," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 278-290.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2009.
"A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 28-51, February.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2008. "A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2328, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Harris Selod, 2008. "A Theory of Urban Squatting and Land-Tenure Formalization in Developing Countries," Working Papers 070816, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Brasselle, Anne-Sophie & Gaspart, Frederic & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2002. "Land tenure security and investment incentives: puzzling evidence from Burkina Faso," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 373-418, April.
- Galal, Ahmed & Razzaz, Omar, 2001. "Reforming land and real estate markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2616, The World Bank.
- Christopher Woodruff, 2001. "Review of de Soto's The Mystery of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1215-1223, December.
- repec:phd:rpseri:rps_2002-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Hoy & Emmanuel Jimenez, 2006. "Property Rights and the Urban Environment: Local Public Goods in Indonesian Cities," Working Papers 0609, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Buckley, Robert M. & Kalarickal, Jerry, 2004. "Shelter strategies for the urban poor : idiosyncratic and successful, but hardly mysterious," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3427, The World Bank.
- Rohini Pande & Christopher Udry, 2005. "Institutions and Development:A View from Below," Working Papers 928, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2001. "The Dynamics of Housing Demand in the Philippines: Income and Lifecycle Effects," Discussion Papers DP 2001-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Koizumi, Naoru & McCann, Philip, 2006. "Living on a plot of land as a tenure choice: The case of Panama," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 349-371, December.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2012.
"Urban Squatting with Rent-Seeking Organizers,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3920, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mendez, Fabio, 2006. "The value of legal housing titles: An empirical study," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 143-155, June.
- World Bank, 2006. "Urban Land and Housing Markets in the Punjab, Pakistan," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8280, The World Bank.
- Eric Heikkila & Michael Lin, 2014. "An integrated model of formal and informal housing sectors," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 121-140, January.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Philip I. Levy, 1998. "Untitled: A Study of Formal and Informal Property Rights in Urban Ecuador," Working Papers 788, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.