A periodic Levinson-Durbin algorithm for entropy maximization
AbstractA recursive algorithm is presented for the computation of the first-order and second-order derivatives of the entropy of a periodic autoregressive process with respect to the autocovariances. It is an extension of the periodic Levinson-Durbin algorithm. The algorithm has been developed for use at one of the steps of an entropy maximization method developed by the authors. Numerical examples of entropy maximization by that method are given. An implementation of the algorithm is available as an R package.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 56 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Maximum entropy method Partial autocorrelation Periodically correlated processes Periodic Levinson-Durbin algorithm;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Georgi N. Boshnakov & Sophie Lambert-Lacroix, 2009. "Maximum entropy for periodically correlated processes from nonconsecutive autocovariance coefficients," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(5), pages 467-486, 09.
- Hindrayanto, Irma & Koopman, Siem Jan & Ooms, Marius, 2010. "Exact maximum likelihood estimation for non-stationary periodic time series models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2641-2654, November.
- Castro, Glaysar & Girardin, Valerie, 2002. "Maximum of entropy and extension of covariance matrices for periodically correlated and multivariate processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 37-52, August.
- Sophie Lambert-Lacroix, 2005. "Extension of Autocovariance Coefficients Sequence for Periodically Correlated Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 423-435, 05.
- Bos, Charles S. & Koopman, Siem Jan & Ooms, Marius, 2014. "Long memory with stochastic variance model: A recursive analysis for US inflation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 144-157.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.