Simulation of Lvy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given marginal distribution
AbstractA simulation procedure for obtaining discretely observed values of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given (self-decomposable) marginal distribution is provided. The method proposed, based on inversion of the characteristic function, completely circumvents the problems encountered when trying to reproduce small jumps of Lvy processes. Error bounds for the proposed procedure are provided and its performance is numerically assessed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 53 (2009)
Issue (Month): 6 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Other versions of this item:
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko, 2007. "Simulation of Lévy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes with given marginal distribution," Quaderni DISA 123, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 23 May 2007.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2003. "Integrated OU Processes and Non-Gaussian OU-based Stochastic Volatility Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(2), pages 277-295.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Raknerud, Arvid & Skare, Øivind, 2012. "Indirect inference methods for stochastic volatility models based on non-Gaussian Ornstein–Uhlenbeck processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3260-3275.
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko & Marco Bee, 2009.
"Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models,"
DISA Working Papers
0907, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 02 Dec 2009.
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai & Bee, Marco, 2011. "Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 2525-2539, August.
- Emanuele Taufer, 2008. "Characteristic function estimation of non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes," DISA Working Papers 0805, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 07 Jul 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.