Modelling nonlinearities and heavy tails via threshold normal mixture GARCH models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 52 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Koop & Simon M. Potter, 2004.
"Bayesian analysis of endogenous delay threshold models,"
ESE Discussion Papers
11, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Koop, Gary & Potter, Simon M, 2003. "Bayesian Analysis of Endogenous Delay Threshold Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 93-103, January.
- Bauwens, Luc & Lubrano, Michel, 2002.
"Bayesian option pricing using asymmetric GARCH models,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 321-342, August.
- BAUWENS , Luc & LUBRANO, Michel, . "Bayesian option pricing using asymmetric GARCH models," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1569, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., 2000. "Bayesian Option Pricing using Asymmetric Garch Models," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 00a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Markus Haas, 2004.
"Mixed Normal Conditional Heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(2), pages 211-250.
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., .
"Bayesian inference on GARCH models using the Gibbs sampler,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1307, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luc Bauwens & Michel Lubrano, 1998. "Bayesian inference on GARCH models using the Gibbs sampler," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 1(Conferenc), pages C23-C46.
- BAUWENs, Luc & LUBRANO , Michel, 1996. "Bayesian Inference on GARCH Models using the Gibbs Sampler," CORE Discussion Papers 1996027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., 1996. "Bayesian Inference on GARCH Models Using the Gibbs Sampler," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a21, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Bai, Xuezheng & Russell, Jeffrey R. & Tiao, George C., 2003. "Kurtosis of GARCH and stochastic volatility models with non-normal innovations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 349-360, June.
- Engle, Robert F. & Manganelli, Simone, 2001. "Value at risk models in finance," Working Paper Series 0075, European Central Bank.
- Emese Lazar & Carol Alexander, 2006. "Normal mixture GARCH(1,1): applications to exchange rate modelling," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 307-336.
- Jun Yu & Zhenlin Yang & Xibin Zhang, 2002.
"A Class of Nonlinear Stochastic Volatility Models and Its Implications on Pricing Currency Options,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
17/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yu, Jun & Yang, Zhenlin & Zhang, Xibin, 2006. "A class of nonlinear stochastic volatility models and its implications for pricing currency options," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2218-2231, December.
- Tatiana Miazhynskaia & Georg Dorffner, 2006. "A comparison of Bayesian model selection based on MCMC with an application to GARCH-type models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 525-549, October.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-47, August.
- C. S. Wong & W. K. Li, 2000. "On a mixture autoregressive model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 95-115.
- Gary Koop & Simon M. Potter, 2004.
"Dynamic asymmetries in US unemployment,"
ESE Discussion Papers
15, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Mike K. P. So, 2003. "Subset threshold autoregression," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 49-66.
- Hartz, Christoph & Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc, 2006. "Accurate value-at-risk forecasting based on the normal-GARCH model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2295-2312, December.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- P. Dellaportas & I. D. Vrontos, 2007. "Modelling volatility asymmetries: a Bayesian analysis of a class of tree structured multivariate GARCH models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(3), pages 503-520, November.
- María Concepcion Ausin & Pedro Galeano, 2005.
"Bayesian Estimation Of The Gaussian Mixture Garch Model,"
Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers
ws053605, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Ausin, Maria Concepcion & Galeano, Pedro, 2007. "Bayesian estimation of the Gaussian mixture GARCH model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 2636-2652, February.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2000.
"Modeling the US short-term interest rate by mixture autoregressive processes,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2000,76, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Markku Lanne & Pentti Saikkonen, 2003. "Modeling the U.S. Short-Term Interest Rate by Mixture Autoregressive Processes," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 1(1), pages 96-125.
- Markku Lanne & Pentti Saikkonen, 2001. "Modeling the U.S. Short-Term Interest Rate by Mixture Autoregressive Processes," CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001 PO5, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Carol Alexandra & Emese Lazar, 2004. "The Equity Index Skew, Market Crashes and Asymmetric Normal Mixture GARCH," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2004-13, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Vrontos, I D & Dellaportas, P & Politis, D N, 2000. "Full Bayesian Inference for GARCH and EGARCH Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 187-98, April.
- Francq, Christian & ZakoIÂ¨an, Jean-Michel, 2008. "Deriving the autocovariances of powers of Markov-switching GARCH models, with applications to statistical inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3027-3046, February.
- Haas, Markus & Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S., 2009.
"Asymmetric multivariate normal mixture GARCH,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2129-2154, April.
- Nomikos, Nikos K. & Pouliasis, Panos K., 2011. "Forecasting petroleum futures markets volatility: The role of regimes and market conditions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 321-337, March.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Sang-Kuck Chung, 2011. "A Long Memory Model with Normal Mixture GARCH," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 517-539, November.
- Giannikis, Dimitrios & Vrontos, Ioannis D., 2011. "A Bayesian approach to detecting nonlinear risk exposures in hedge fund strategies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1399-1414, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.