Comparison of nonnested asymmetric heteroskedastic models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 51 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Smith, Michael & Kohn, Robert, 1996.
"Nonparametric regression using Bayesian variable selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 317-343, December.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., . "Nonparametric Regression using Bayesian Variable Selection," Statistics Working Paper _009, Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Vrontos, I D & Dellaportas, P & Politis, D N, 2000. "Full Bayesian Inference for GARCH and EGARCH Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 187-98, April.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Chen, Cathy W. S. & Chiang, Thomas C. & So, Mike K. P., 2003. "Asymmetrical reaction to US stock-return news: evidence from major stock markets based on a double-threshold model," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(5-6), pages 487-502.
- Gregory Koutmos, 1999. "Asymmetric Price and Volatility Adjustments in Emerging Asian Stock Markets," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1-2), pages 83-101.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Nam, Kiseok & Pyun, Chong Soo & Avard, Stephen L., 2001. "Asymmetric reverting behavior of short-horizon stock returns: An evidence of stock market overreaction," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 807-824, April.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Mike K. P. So & Ming-Tien Chen, 2005. "A Bayesian threshold nonlinearity test for financial time series," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 61-75.
- Berg, Andreas & Meyer, Renate & Yu, Jun, 2004. "Deviance Information Criterion for Comparing Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 22(1), pages 107-20, January.
- Cathy Chen & Richard Gerlach, 2013. "Semi-parametric quantile estimation for double threshold autoregressive models with heteroskedasticity," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 1103-1131, June.
- Ardia, David & Hoogerheide, Lennart F., 2010.
"Efficient Bayesian estimation and combination of GARCH-type models,"
22919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Ardia & Lennart F. Hoogerheide, 2010. "Efficient Bayesian Estimation and Combination of GARCH-Type Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-046/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cathy Chen & Feng-Chi Liu & Mike So, 2013. "Threshold variable selection of asymmetric stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(6), pages 2415-2447, December.
- Cathy Chen & Simon Lin & Philip Yu, 2012. "Smooth Transition Quantile Capital Asset Pricing Models with Heteroscedasticity," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 40(1), pages 19-48, June.
- Perez-Alonso, Alicia, 2007.
"A bootstrap approach to test the conditional symmetry in time series models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3484-3504, April.
- Alicia Pérez Alonso, 2006. "A Bootstrap Approach To Test The Conditional Symmetry In Time Series Models," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Amélie Charles, 2010. "The day-of-the week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry," Post-Print hal-00771136, HAL.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard H. & Tai, Amanda P.J., 2008. "Testing for nonlinearity in mean and volatility for heteroskedastic models," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 489-499.
- Amendola, Alessandra & Storti, Giuseppe, 2008. "A GMM procedure for combining volatility forecasts," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3047-3060, February.
- Lin, Edward M.H. & Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard, 2012. "Forecasting volatility with asymmetric smooth transition dynamic range models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 384-399.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.