Choosing initial values for the EM algorithm for finite mixtures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 41 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dankmar Böhning & Ekkehart Dietz & Rainer Schaub & Peter Schlattmann & Bruce Lindsay, 1994. "The distribution of the likelihood ratio for mixtures of densities from the one-parameter exponential family," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 373-388, June.
- Furman, W. David & Lindsay, Bruce G., 1994. "Testing for the number of components in a mixture of normal distributions using moment estimators," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 473-492, June.
- Wilfried Seidel & Karl Mosler & Manfred Alker, 2000. "A Cautionary Note on Likelihood Ratio Tests in Mixture Models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 481-487, September.
- Furman, W. David & Lindsay, Bruce G., 1994. "Measuring the relative effectiveness of moment estimators as starting values in maximizing likelihoods," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 493-507, June.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy T. Fox & Kyoo il Kim & Stephen P. Ryan, 2009. "A Simple Nonparametric Estimator for the Distribution of Random Coefficients," NBER Working Papers 15210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kerekes, Monika, 2012. "Growth miracles and failures in a Markov switching classification model of growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 167-177.
- Kerekes, Monika, 2009. "Growth miracles and failures in a Markov switching classification model of growth," Discussion Papers 2009/11, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Neal, Mark, 2007. "Estimating complex production functions: The importance of starting values," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151178, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Bohning, Dankmar & Seidel, Wilfried, 2003. "Editorial: recent developments in mixture models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 349-357, January.
- Wilfried Seidel & Hana Ševčíková, 2004. "Types of likelihood maxima in mixture models and their implication on the performance of tests," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 631-654, December.
- Melnykov, Volodymyr & Melnykov, Igor, 2012. "Initializing the EM algorithm in Gaussian mixture models with an unknown number of components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1381-1395.
- Bettina Grün & Friedrich Leisch, . "FlexMix Version 2: Finite Mixtures with Concomitant Variables and Varying and Constant Parameters," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(i04).
- Garel, Bernard, 2007. "Recent asymptotic results in testing for mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 5295-5304, July.
- Tao, Jian & Shi, Ning-Zhong & Lee, S.-Y.Sik-Yum, 2004. "Drug risk assessment with determining the number of sub-populations under finite mixture normal models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 661-676, July.
- Pietro Coretto & Christian Hennig, 2010. "A simulation study to compare robust clustering methods based on mixtures," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 111-135, September.
- Bartolucci, Francesco & Giorgio E., Montanari & Pandolfi, Silvia, 2012. "Item selection by an extended Latent Class model: An application to nursing homes evaluation," MPRA Paper 38757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeremy T. Fox & Kyoo il Kim, 2011. "A Simple Nonparametric Approach to Estimating the Distribution of Random Coefficients in Structural Models," NBER Working Papers 17283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria Iannario, 2012. "Preliminary estimators for a mixture model of ordinal data," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 163-184, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.