Choosing starting values for the EM algorithm for getting the highest likelihood in multivariate Gaussian mixture models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 41 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard, 1992. "A classification EM algorithm for clustering and two stochastic versions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 315-332, October.
- Pleydell, David R.J. & Chrétien, Stéphane, 2010. "Mixtures of GAMs for habitat suitability analysis with overdispersed presence/absence data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(5), pages 1405-1418, May.
- Bettina Grün & Friedrich Leisch, . "FlexMix Version 2: Finite Mixtures with Concomitant Variables and Varying and Constant Parameters," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(i04).
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2012. "Distortions of multivariate risk measures: a level-sets based approach," Working Papers hal-00756387, HAL.
- Melnykov, Volodymyr & Melnykov, Igor, 2012. "Initializing the EM algorithm in Gaussian mixture models with an unknown number of components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1381-1395.
- Bartolucci, Francesco & Giorgio E., Montanari & Pandolfi, Silvia, 2012. "Item selection by an extended Latent Class model: An application to nursing homes evaluation," MPRA Paper 38757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Bagnato & Antonio Punzo, 2013. "Finite mixtures of unimodal beta and gamma densities and the $$k$$ -bumps algorithm," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 1571-1597, August.
- Biernacki, Christophe & Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard & Langrognet, Florent, 2006. "Model-based cluster and discriminant analysis with the MIXMOD software," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 587-600, November.
- Di Bernardino, Elena & Rullière, Didier, 2013.
"Distortions of multivariate distribution functions and associated level curves: Applications in multivariate risk theory,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 190-205.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2013. "Distortions of multivariate distribution functions and associated level curves: applications in multivariate risk theory," Post-Print hal-00750873, HAL.
- Basso, Rodrigo M. & Lachos, Víctor H. & Cabral, Celso Rômulo Barbosa & Ghosh, Pulak, 2010. "Robust mixture modeling based on scale mixtures of skew-normal distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 2926-2941, December.
- Xiao-Hua Zhou & Pete Castelluccio & Chuan Zhou, 2004. "Non-Parametric Estimation of ROC Curves in the Absence of a Gold Standard," UW Biostatistics Working Paper Series 1064, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00750873 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reddy, Chandan K. & Rajaratnam, Bala, 2010. "Learning mixture models via component-wise parameter smoothing," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 732-749, March.
- Maria Iannario, 2012. "Preliminary estimators for a mixture model of ordinal data," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 163-184, October.
- Schumacher, Christian & Breitung, Jörg, 2008. "Real-time forecasting of German GDP based on a large factor model with monthly and quarterly data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 386-398.
- Saâdaoui, Foued, 2010. "Acceleration of the EM algorithm via extrapolation methods: Review, comparison and new methods," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 750-766, March.
- Martinez, M.J. & Lavergne, C. & Trottier, C., 2009. "A mixture model-based approach to the clustering of exponential repeated data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(9), pages 1938-1951, October.
- Kerekes, Monika, 2012. "Growth miracles and failures in a Markov switching classification model of growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 167-177.
- Bohning, Dankmar & Seidel, Wilfried, 2003. "Editorial: recent developments in mixture models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 349-357, January.
- Tao, Jian & Shi, Ning-Zhong & Lee, S.-Y.Sik-Yum, 2004. "Drug risk assessment with determining the number of sub-populations under finite mixture normal models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 661-676, July.
- Di Zio, Marco & Guarnera, Ugo & Rocci, Roberto, 2007. "A mixture of mixture models for a classification problem: The unity measure error," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 2573-2585, February.
- Galimberti, Giuliano & Soffritti, Gabriele, 2014. "A multivariate linear regression analysis using finite mixtures of t distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 138-150.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy T. Fox & Kyoo il Kim & Stephen P. Ryan, 2009. "A Simple Nonparametric Estimator for the Distribution of Random Coefficients," NBER Working Papers 15210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy T. Fox & Kyoo il Kim, 2011. "A Simple Nonparametric Approach to Estimating the Distribution of Random Coefficients in Structural Models," NBER Working Papers 17283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.