The foundations of franchise regulation: Issues and evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Corporate Finance.
Volume (Year): 2 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Brickley, J.A. & Dark, F.H. & Weisbach, M.S., 1988.
"The Economic Effects Of Franchise Termination Laws,"
88-11, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Brickley, James A & Dark, Frederick H & Weisbach, Michael S, 1991. "The Economic Effects of Franchise Termination Laws," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 101-32, April.
- Barron, John M & Umbeck, John R, 1984. "The Effects of Different Contractual Arrangements: The Case of Retail Gasoline Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 313-28, October.
- Alan Schwartz, 1997. "Incomplete Contracts," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm73, Yale School of Management.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- McAfee, R Preston & Schwartz, Marius, 1994. "Opportunism in Multilateral Vertical Contracting: Nondiscrimination, Exclusivity, and Uniformity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-30, March.
- Francine Lafontaine, 1992. "Agency Theory and Franchising: Some Empirical Results," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 263-283, Summer.
- Dnes, Antony W, 1993. "A Case-Study Analysis of Franchise Contracts," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 367-93, June.
- Cichello, Michael & Kieschnick, Robert, 2005. "Product market competition, regulation, and financial contracts," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Alicia García-Herrera & Rafael Llorca-Vivero, 2010. "How time influences franchise contracts: the Spanish case," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Theofanis Tsoulouhas & Tomislav Vukina, 2001.
"Regulating Broiler Contracts: Tournaments Versus Fixed Performance Standards,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 1062-1073.
- Tsoulouhas, Theofanis & Vukina, Tomislav, 2000. "Regulating Broiler Contracts: Tournaments Versus Fixed Performance Standards," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21833, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Vazquez, Luis, 2007. "Determinants of contract length in franchise contracts," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 145-150, November.
- Vukina, Tomislav, 2001. "Vertical Integration And Contracting In The U.S. Poultry Sector," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 32(02), July.
- Helal, Uddin, 2002. "Protecting Contract Growers Of Broiler Chicken Industry," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19834, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lewin-Solomons, S., 2000. "Asset Specificity and Hold-up in Franchising and Grower Contracts: A Theoretical Rationale for Government Regulation?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0013, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lewin-Solomons, S., 2000. "Innovation and Authority in Franchise Systems: An Empirical Exploration of the Plural Form," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0015, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.