Governance, performance objectives and organizational form: evidence from hospitals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Corporate Finance.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T., 2002. "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-492, April.
- Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1991.
"Relative Performance Evaluation for Chief Executive Officers,"
NBER Working Papers
2944, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1990. "Relative performance evaluation for chief executive officers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(3), pages 30-51, February.
- Robert Gibbons & Kevin Murphy, 1989. "Relative Performance Evaluation for Chief Executive Officers," Working Papers 628, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gibbons, R. & Murphy, K.J., 1989. "Relative Performance Evaluation For Chief Executive Officers," Working papers 532, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lindsay, Cotton M, 1976. "A Theory of Government Enterprise," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1061-77, October.
- Barro, Jason R. & Barro, Robert J., 1990.
"Pay, Performance, and Turnover of Bank CEOs,"
3451300, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990.
"Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-64, April.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971.
"Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972. "Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-95, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-49, June.
- Steven N. Kaplan, 1994. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the U.S," NBER Working Papers 4065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
- Blackwell, David W. & Brickley, James A. & Weisback, Michael S., 1994. "Accounting information and internal performance evaluation : Evidence from Texas banks," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 331-358, May.
- Brickley, James A & Van Horn, R Lawrence, 2002. "Managerial Incentives in Nonprofit Organizations: Evidence from Hospitals," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 227-49, April.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Paulino Silva & Aldónio Ferreira, 2010. "Performance management in primary healthcare services: evidence from a field study," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(4), pages 424-449, November.
- Michael Kopel & Marco Marini, 2013. "Strategic Delegation In Consumer Cooperatives Under Mixed Oligopoly," Working Papers 1306, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2013.
- Aggarwal, Rajesh K. & Evans, Mark E. & Nanda, Dhananjay, 2012. "Nonprofit boards: Size, performance and managerial incentives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 466-487.
- Conyon, Martin J. & Read, Laura E., 2006. "A model of the supply of executives for outside directorships," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 645-659, June.
- Cardinaels, Eddy, 2009. "Governance in non-for-profit hospitals: Effects of board members' remuneration and expertise on CEO compensation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 64-75, November.
- Sumit Majumdar & Davina Vora & Ashok Nag, 2012. "Legal form of the firm and overseas market choice in India’s software and IT industry," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 659-687, September.
- Pizzini, Mina J., 2006. "The relation between cost-system design, managers' evaluations of the relevance and usefulness of cost data, and financial performance: an empirical study of US hospitals," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 179-210, February.
- Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur, 2009. "Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(2-3), pages 188-195, May.
- Renée B. Adams & Hamid Mehran, 2008. "Corporate performance, board structure, and their determinants in the banking industry," Staff Reports 330, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.