Staged financing in venture capital: moral hazard and risks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Corporate Finance.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bergemann, D. & Hege, U., 1997.
"Venture Capital Financing, Moral Hazard and Learning,"
1997-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bergemann, Dirk & Hege, Ulrich, 1998. "Venture capital financing, moral hazard, and learning," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 703-735, August.
- Bergemann, Dirk & Hege, Ulrich, 1997. "Venture Capital Financing, Moral Hazard and Learning," CEPR Discussion Papers 1738, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neher, Darwin V, 1999. "Staged Financing: An Agency Perspective," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 255-74, April.
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
- Leslie M. Marx, 1998. "Efficient venture capital financing combining debt and equity," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 371-387.
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1994. " Robust Financial Contracting and the Role of Venture Capitalists," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 371-402, June.
- Gompers, Paul A, 1995. " Optimal Investment, Monitoring, and the Staging of Venture Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1461-89, December.
- Kim, Son Ku & Wang, Susheng, 1998. "Linear Contracts and the Double Moral-Hazard," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 342-378, October.
- Admati, Anat R & Perry, Motty, 1991. "Joint Projects without Commitment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 259-76, April.
- Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng, 2011. "Cross-border venture capital performance: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 71-97, January.
- Emanuel Shachmurove & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2010. "Location, Location, Location: Entrepreneurial Finance Meets Economic Geography," PIER Working Paper Archive 10-030, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Cumming, Douglas & Li, Dan, 2013. "Public policy, entrepreneurship, and venture capital in the United States," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 345-367.
- Lanfang Wang & Susheng Wang, 2009. "Convertibles and milestones in staged financing," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 189-221, April.
- Mugele, Christian & Schnitzer, Monika, 2006.
"Organization of Multinational Activities and Ownership Structure,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
98, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Mugele, Christian & Schnitzer, Monika, 2008. "Organization of multinational activities and ownership structure," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1274-1289, November.
- Mugele, Christian & Schnitzer, Monika, 2006. "Organization of Multinational Activities and Ownership Structure," Discussion Papers in Economics 893, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Mugele, Christian & Schnitzer, Monika, 2006. "Organization of Multinational Activities and Ownership Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 5592, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dahiya, Sandeep & Ray, Korok, 2012. "Staged investments in entrepreneurial financing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1193-1216.
- Emanuel Shachmurove & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2004. "What One Can Learn From the Initial Public Offering of Google? A Twenty-Year Excursion to the Venture Capital Industry," PIER Working Paper Archive 04-041, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Cumming, Douglas & Mohammadi, Ali & Rossi-Lamastra , Cristina & Wadhwa , Anu, 2014. "Open Business Models And Venture Capital Finance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 347, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng, 2012. "Endogenous networks in investment syndication," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 640-663.
- Tian, Xuan, 2011. "The causes and consequences of venture capital stage financing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 132-159, July.
- Flor, Christian Riis & Grell, Kevin Berg, 2013. "Venture capital budgeting — Carry and correlation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 216-234.
- Wang, Hefei, 2008. "Staged-financing contracts with private information," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 276-294, April.
- Li, Yong, 2008. "Duration analysis of venture capital staging: A real options perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 497-512, September.
- Telalagic, S., 2012. "Domestic Production as a Source of Marital Power: Theory and Evidence from Malawi," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1243, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Aleksandar Bradic, 2012. "The Role of Social Feedback in Financing of Technology Ventures," Papers 1301.2196, arXiv.org.
- Dominique Dufour & Eric Nasica & Dominique Torre, 2013. "Syndication in private equity industry: comparing the strategies of independent and captive venture capitalists," Working Papers halshs-00853695, HAL.
- Arieh Gavious & Ramy Elitzur, 2009. "Venture Capital Contracting with Renegotiation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 67-78.
- Li, Yong & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2011. "When are venture capital projects initiated?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 239-254, March.
- Andrieu, Guillaume & Groh, Alexander Peter, 2012. "Entrepreneurs' financing choice between independent and bank-affiliated venture capital firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1143-1167.
- Krohmer, Philipp & Lauterbach, Rainer & Calanog, Victor, 2009. "The bright and dark side of staging: Investment performance and the varying motivations of private equity firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1597-1609, September.
- Dai, Na, 2011. "Monitoring via staging: Evidence from Private investments in public equity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3417-3431.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.