Productivity growth, technological progress, and efficiency change in chinese agriculture after rural economic reforms: A DEA approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal China Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 8 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Arnade, Carlos A., 1994. "Using Data Envelopment Analysis to Measure International Agricultural Efficiency and Productivity," Technical Bulletins 156761, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Putterman, Louis & Chiacu, Ana F., 1994. "Elasticities and factor weights for agricultural growth accounting: A look at the data for China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 191-204.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Gaynor, Martin & Putterman, Louis, 1993. "Productivity consequences of alternative land division methods in China's decollectivization An econometric analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 357-386, December.
- Travers, Lee & Ma, Jun, 1994. "Agricultural productivity and rural poverty in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 141-159.
- Jirong Wang & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1996. "A Shadow-Price Frontier Measurement of Profit Efficiency in Chinese Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 146-156.
- Chen, Zhuo & Song, Shunfeng, 2008.
"Efficiency and technology gap in China's agriculture: A regional meta-frontier analysis,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 287-296, June.
- Zhuo Chen & Shunfeng Song, 2006. "Efficiency and Technology Gap in China's Agriculture: A Regional META-Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 06-005, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics & University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Ma, Shuzhong & Feng, Han, 2013. "Will the decline of efficiency in China's agriculture come to an end? An analysis based on opening and convergence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 179-190.
- Zheng, Jinghai & Liu, Xiaxuan & Bigsten, Arne, 2000.
"Efficiency, Technical Progress, and Best Practice in Chinese State Enterprises (1980-1994),"
Working Papers in Economics
30, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Zheng, Jinghai & Liu, Xiaoxuan & Bigsten, Arne, 2003. "Efficiency, technical progress, and best practice in Chinese state enterprises (1980-1994)," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 134-152, March.
- Mingming Jiang, 2012. "On the Performance of Foreign Direct Investment in China: 1981-2004," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3320-3332.
- Chen, Zhuo & Huffman, Wallace E. & Rozelle, Scott, 2009.
"Farm technology and technical efficiency: Evidence from four regions in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 153-161, June.
- Chen, Zhuo & Huffman, Wallace & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "Farm Technology and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Four Regions in China," Staff General Research Papers 12605, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kenta Tanaka & Shunsuke Managi & Katsunobu Kondo & Kiyotaka Masuda & Yasutaka Yamamoto, 2011.
"Potential Climate Effect On Japanese Rice Productivity,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(03), pages 237-255.
- Tanaka, Kenta & Managi, Shunsuke & Kondo, Katsunobu & Masuda, Kiyotaka & Yamamoto, Yasutaka, 2012. "Potential climate effects on Japanese rice productivity," MPRA Paper 35823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Xiaobing & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2012. "Technical Efficiency Under Producer’S Individual Technology: A Metafrontier Analysis," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126755, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elsadig Ahmed & Geeta Krishnasamy, 2013. "Human Capital Investment to Achieve Knowledge-Based Economy in ASEAN5: DEA Applications," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 331-342, December.
- Zheng, Jinghai & Hu, Angang, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Provincial Productivity in China (1979-2001)," Working Papers in Economics 127, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 22 Mar 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.