Comparing the performance of Chinese banks: A principal component approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal China Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 18 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yanelle, Marie-Odile, 1997. "Banking Competition and Market Efficiency," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 215-39, April.
- Bonin, John P. & Huang, Yiping, 2001.
"Dealing with the bad loans of the Chinese banks,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 197-214.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-81, July.
- Keeton, William R., 1995. "Multi-Office Bank Lending To Small Businesses: Some New Evidence," Proceedings: 1995 Regional Committee NC-207, October 16-17, 1995, Kansas City, Missouri 131493, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Park, Albert & Sehrt, Kaja, 2001.
"Tests of Financial Intermediation and Banking Reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 608-644, December.
- Albert Park and Kaja Sehrt & Albert Park and Kaja Sehrt, 1999. "Tests of Financial Intermediation and Banking Reform in China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 270, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Peer Monitoring and Credit Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 351-66, September.
- Albert Park & Minggao Shen, 2002. "A Refinancing Model of Decentralization with Empirical Evidence from China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 461, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- William R. Keeton, 1995. "Multi-office bank lending to small businesses: some new evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-57.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Strahan, Philip E. & Weston, James P., 1998. "Small business lending and the changing structure of the banking industry1," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 821-845, August.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Fraser, Donald R. & Phillips, Wallace & Rose, Peter S., 1974. "A Canonical Analysis of Bank Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 287-295, March.
- Canbas, Serpil & Cabuk, Altan & Kilic, Suleyman Bilgin, 2005. "Prediction of commercial bank failure via multivariate statistical analysis of financial structures: The Turkish case," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 528-546, October.
- Loren Brandt & Xiaodong Zhu, 2000. "Redistribution in a Decentralized Economy: Growth and Inflation in China under Reform," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 422-451, April.
- Andersson, Fredrik N. G. & Burzynska, Katarzyna & Opper, Sonja, 2013. "Lending for Growth? An Analysis of State-Owned Banks in China," Working Papers 2013:19, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Bing Xu & Adrian van Rixtel & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2014.
"Measuring bank competition in China: A comparison of new versus conventional approaches applied to loan markets,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
1404, Banco de Espa�a.
- Bing Xu & Adrian Van Rixtel & Michiel Van Leuvensteijn, 2013. "Measuring bank competition in China: a comparison of new versus conventional approaches applied to loan markets," BIS Working Papers 422, Bank for International Settlements.
- George Furstenberg, 2008.
"Assessing the Competitiveness of International Financial Services in Particular Locations: A Survey of Methods and Perspectives,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 539-556, September.
- George von Furstenberg, 2007. "Assessing the Competitiveness of International Financial Services in Particular Locations: A Survey of Methods and Perspectives," Caepr Working Papers 2007-024, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2011. "Cost economies, efficiency and productivity growth in the Chinese banking industry: evidence from a quarterly panel dataset," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 199-226, August.
- Qichang Ye & Zongling Xu & Dan Fang, 2012. "Market structure, performance, and efficiency of the Chinese banking sector," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 337-358, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.