Analysis of real GDP growth rates of greater China: An asymmetric conditional volatility approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal China Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 15 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert F & Ito, Takatoshi & Lin, Wen-Ling, 1990.
"Meteor Showers or Heat Waves? Heteroskedastic Intra-daily Volatility in the Foreign Exchange Market,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(3), pages 525-42, May.
- Robert F. Engle & Takatoshi Ito & Wen-Ling Lin, 1991. "Meteor Showers or Heat Waves? Heteroskedastic Intra-Daily Volatility in the Foreign Exchange Market," NBER Working Papers 2609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Lilian K, 1992. " Stock Price Dynamics and Firm Size: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1985-97, December.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Allen C. Head, 1995. "Country Size, Aggregate Fluctuations, and International Risk Sharing," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 1096-1119, November.
- John Y. Campbell & Pierre Perron, 1991.
"Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomists Should Know About Unit Roots,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 141-220
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & Pierre Perron, 1991. "Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomists Should Know About Unit Roots," NBER Technical Working Papers 0100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, J.Y. & Perron, P., 1991. "Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomics should know about unit roots," Papers 360, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Campbell, John & Perron, Pierre, 1991. "Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomists Should Know about Unit Roots," Scholarly Articles 3374863, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Michael W. Bell & Kalpana Kochhar & Hoe Ee Khor, 1993. "China at the Threshold of a Market Economy," IMF Occasional Papers 107, International Monetary Fund.
- Brunner, Allan D, 1992.
"Conditional Asymmetries in Real GNP: A Seminonparametric Approach,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 10(1), pages 65-72, January.
- Allan D. Brunner, 1990. "Conditional asymmetries in real GNP: a semi-nonparametric approach," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 140, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2000. "Volatility of real GDP: some evidence from the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-152, May.
- Yeh, Yin-Hua & Lee, Tsun-Siou, 2000. "The interaction and volatility asymmetry of unexpected returns in the greater China stock markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 129-149.
- G. William Schwert, 1988.
"Tests For Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0073, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G William, 2002. "Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Schwert, G William, 1989. "Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(2), pages 147-59, April.
- Jim Lee, 2002. "The Inflation-Output Variability Tradeoff and Monetary Policy: Evidence from a GARCH Model," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 175-188, July.
- Shahid Yusuf, 1994. "China's Macroeconomic Performance and Management during Transition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 71-92, Spring.
- Allan D. Brunner, 1994.
"On the dynamic properties of asymmetric models of real GNP,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
489, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allan D. Brunner, 1997. "On The Dynamic Properties Of Asymmetric Models Of Real GNP," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 321-352, May.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Tse, Y. K. & Tsui, Albert K. C., 1997. "Conditional volatility in foreign exchange rates: Evidence from the Malaysian ringgit and Singapore dollar," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 345-356, July.
- Lee, Jim, 1999. "The inflation and output variability tradeoff: evidence from a Garch model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 63-67, January.
- Hong, Yongmiao & Lee, Jin, 2001. "One-Sided Testing For Arch Effects Using Wavelets," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1051-1081, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Mark W. French & Daniel E. Sichel, 1991.
"Cyclical patterns in the variance of economic activity,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
161, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- French, Mark W & Sichel, Daniel E, 1993. "Cyclical Patterns in the Variance of Economic Activity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 113-19, January.
- Hogan, Kedreth Jr. & Melvin, Michael T., 1994. "Sources of meteor showers and heat waves in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 239-247, November.
- Kim, Kiwhan & Schmidt, Peter, 1993. "Unit root tests with conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 287-300, October.
- James Peery Cover & C. James Hueng, 2003. "The Correlation between Shocks to Output and the Price Level: Evidence from a Multivariate GARCH Model," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 75-92, July.
- Canning, D. & Amaral, L. A. N. & Lee, Y. & Meyer, M. & Stanley, H. E., 1998. "Scaling the volatility of GDP growth rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 335-341, September.
- Flávio Vilela Vieira & Michele Polline Veríssimo, 2005. "Crescimento Econômico De Longo Prazo Na China: Uma Investigação Econométrica," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 067, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Vu Thanh Hai & Albert K. Tsui & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2013.
"Measuring asymmetry and persistence in conditional volatility in real output: evidence from three East Asian tigers using a multivariate GARCH approach,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 45(20), pages 2909-2914, July.
- Vu Thanh Hai & Albert K. Tsui & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2009. "Measuring Asymmetry and Persistence in Conditional Volatility in Real Output: Evidence from Three East Asian Tigers Using a Multivariate GARCH approach," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0904, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Vu Thanh Hai & Albert K. Tsuia & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2009. "Measuring Asymmetry and Persistence in Conditional Volatility in Real Output : Evidence from Three East Asian Tigers Using a Multivariate GARCH approach," Trade Working Papers 22760, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.