Returns to research and development in Chinese industry: Evidence from state-owned enterprises in Beijing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal China Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 15 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Anming & Zhang, Yimin & Zhao, Ronald, 2001. "Impact of Ownership and Competition on the Productivity of Chinese Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 327-346, June.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Productivity, R&D, and Basic Research at the Firm Level in the 1970s,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 82-99
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1985. "Productivity, R&d, and Basic Research at the Firm Level in the 1970s," NBER Working Papers 1547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1962. "Labor as a Quasi-Fixed Factor," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 538.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992.
"Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms,"
NBER Working Papers
3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995. "Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1974. "Science, Invention and Economic Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(333), pages 90-108, March.
- Hall, Bronwyn H., 1992.
"Investment and Research and Development at the Firm Level: Does the Source of Financing Matter?,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt5j59j6x3, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Bronwyn H. Hall., 1992. "Investment and Research and Development at the Firm Level: Does the Source of Financing Matter?," Economics Working Papers 92-194, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 1992. "Investment and Research and Development at the Firm Level: Does the Source of Financing Matter?," NBER Working Papers 4096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Groves, Theodore, et al, 1994. "Autonomy and Incentives in Chinese State Enterprises," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 183-209, February.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G. & Li, Wang & Yuxin, Zheng, 2000. "Ownership, Productivity Change, and Financial Performance in Chinese Industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 786-813, December.
- Woo Wing Thye & Hai Wen & Jin Yibiao & Fan Gang, 1994. "How Successful Has Chinese Enterprise Reform Been? Pitfalls in Opposite Biases and Focus," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 410-437, June.
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Ho, Mun S., 2010. "Technology, development, and the environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 94-108, January.
- MOTOHASHI Kazuyuki & YUAN Yuan, 2009. "Technology Spillovers from Multinationals to Local Firms: Evidence from Automobile and Electronics Firms in China," Discussion papers 09005, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Khan, Haider A., 2012. "National Innovation Systems and Regional Cooperation in Asia: Challenges and Strategies from a Study of China," MPRA Paper 40118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yanrui Wu, 2010. "Innovation and Economic Growth in China," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 10-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Rui & Sun, Kai & Delgado, Michael & Kumbhakar, Subal, 2011. "Productivity in China's high technology industry: Regional heterogeneity and R&D," MPRA Paper 32507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suk Choi & Christopher Williams, 2014. "The impact of innovation intensity, scope, and spillovers on sales growth in Chinese firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 25-46, March.
- Funke, Michael & Yu, Hao, 2009.
"Economic growth across Chinese provinces: in search of innovation-driven gains,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
10/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Funke & Hao Yu, 2009. "Economic Growth Across Chinese Provinces: In Search of Innovation-Driven Gains," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20909, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Khan, Haider, 2013. "Industrialization and Development Strategies in the 21st Century: Towards Sustainable Innovation Systems," MPRA Paper 50168, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Xibao, 2011. "Sources of External Technology, Absorptive Capacity, and Innovation Capability in Chinese State-Owned High-Tech Enterprises," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1240-1248, July.
- Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping & Song, Frank M. & Li, Chuntao, 2011. "Managerial incentives, CEO characteristics and corporate innovation in China's private sector," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 176-190, June.
- Bin, Guo, 2008. "Technology acquisition channels and industry performance: An industry-level analysis of Chinese large- and medium-size manufacturing enterprises," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 194-209, March.
- Li, Xibao, 2012. "Behind the recent surge of Chinese patenting: An institutional view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 236-249.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.