Total factor productivity growth in foreign and domestic firms in Malaysian manufacturing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Persson, Hakan, 1983. "Foreign investment and spillover efficiency in an underdeveloped economy: Evidence from the Mexican manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 493-501, June.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & DEC, 1994. "Do domestic firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Evidence from panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1248, The World Bank.
- Premachandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1995. "Developing with Foreign Investment: Malaysia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 28(1), pages 9-22.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Caves, Richard E, 1974. "Multinational Firms, Competition, and Productivity in Host-Country Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 176-93, May.
- Young, Alwyn, 1994. "Lessons from the East Asian NICS: A contrarian view," European Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 964-973, April.
- Dixon, Peter B & McDonald, Daina, 1992. "A Decomposition of Changes in Labour Productivity in Australia: 1970-71 to 1989-90," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(201), pages 105-17, June.
- Ergun Dogan & Koi Nyen Wong & Michael Meow-Chung Yap, 2010. "Turnover, Ownership and Productivity in Malaysian Manufacturing," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series, Monash University, Department of Economics 13-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Eric Ramstetter, 2009. "Firm- and Plant-level Analysis of Multinationals in Southeast Asia: the Perils of Pooling Industries and Balancing Panels," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University gd09-106, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kim, Sangho & Park, Donghyun & Park, Jong-Ho, 2009. "Productivity Growth in Different Firm Sizes in the Malaysian Manufacturing Sector: An Empirical Investigation," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 176, Asian Development Bank.
- Dolage, D.A.R. & Sade, Abu Bakar & Ahmed, Elsadig Musa, 2010. "The influence of Flexible Manufacturing Technology adoption on productivity of Malaysian manufacturing industry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 395-403, January.
- Keshari, Pradeep Kumar, 2013. "Comparative performance of foreign affiliates and domestic firms in the Indian machinery industry," MPRA Paper 33076, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Apr 2013.
- Mahadevan, Renuka, 2007. "Perspiration versus inspiration: Lessons from a rapidly developing economy," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 331-347, April.
- Asid, Rozilee & Saiman, Mohd Safri, 2003.
"Total Factor Productivity in the Malaysian Resource-Based Industries,"
1010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rozilee Asid & Mohd Safri Saiman, 2006. "Total Factor Productivity in the Malaysian Resource-Based Industries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(16), pages 1-8.
- Sadayuki Takii & Eric Ramstetter, 2005. "Multinational presence and labour productivity differentials in Indonesian manufacturing, 1975-2001," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 221-242.
- Mahadevan, R., 2001. "Assessing the output and productivity growth of Malaysia's manufacturing sector," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 587-597.
- Menon, Jayant, 2009. "Macroeconomic management amid ethnic diversity: Fifty years of Malaysian experience," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 25-33, January.
- Takii, Sadayuki, 2004. "Productivity Differentials Between Local and Foreign Plants in Indonesian Manufacturing, 1995," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1957-1969, November.
- Mai, Yin Hua & Adams, Philip & Dixon, Peter & Menon, Jayant, 2010. "The Awakening Chinese Economy: Macro and Terms of Trade Impacts on 10 Major Asia-Pacific Countries," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 66, Asian Development Bank.
- Ramstetter, Eric D. & Ngoc, Phan Minh, 2013. "Productivity, ownership, and producer concentration in transition: Further evidence from Vietnamese manufacturing," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 28-42.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.