Financial system reform in Taiwan
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kiymaz, Halil, 2004. "Cross-border acquisitions of US financial institutions: Impact of macroeconomic factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1413-1439, June.
- Waheed, Amjad & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "Wealth effects of foreign expansion by U.S. banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 823-842, August.
- Scott W. Barnhart & M. Wayne Marr & Stuart Rosenstein, 1994. "Firm performance and board composition: Some new evidence," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 329-340, July/Augu.
- Dan R Dalton & Idalene F Kesner, 1987. "Composition and CEO Duality in Boards of Directors: An International Perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(3), pages 33-42, September.
- Allen N. Berger & Seth D. Bonime & Daniel M. Covitz & Diana Hancock, 1998. "The extraordinary persistence of profits in the U.S. banking industry: a breakdown of the competitive paradigm?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 73-89.
- DeYoung, Robert, 1998. "Comment on Goldberg and White," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 868-872, August.
- Madura, Jeff & Wiant, Kenneth J., 1994. "Long-term valuation effects of bank acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1135-1154, December.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester, 1998.
"The dollars and sense of bank consolidation,"
98-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Oren Fuerst & Sok-Hyon Kang, 1998. "Corporate Governance, Expected Operating Performance, and Pricing," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm108, Yale School of Management.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Biswas, Rita & Fraser, Donald R. & Mahajan, Arvind, 1997. "The international market for corporate control: Evidence from acquisitions of financial firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-54.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 1997.
"Bank capitalization and cost: evidence of scale economies in risk management and signaling,"
96-2/R, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 1998. "Bank Capitalization And Cost: Evidence Of Scale Economies In Risk Management And Signaling," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 314-325, May.
- Joseph P. Hughes, 1997. "Bank Capitalization and Cost: Evidence of Scale Economies in Risk Management and Signaling," Departmental Working Papers 199601, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & White, Lawrence J., 1998. "De novo banks and lending to small businesses: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 851-867, August.
- W. Frame & William Lastrapes, 1998. "Abnormal Returns in the Acquisition Market: The Case of Bank Holding Companies, 1990–1993," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 145-163, October.
- El?d Takáts, 2004. "Banking consolidation and small business lending," Working Paper Series 407, European Central Bank.
- Humphrey, David B. & Vale, Bent, 2004. "Scale economies, bank mergers, and electronic payments: A spline function approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1671-1696, July.
- Hughes, Joseph P, et al, 1996.
"Efficient Banking under Interstate Branching,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 1045-71, November.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 1996. "Efficient banking under interstate branching," Working Papers 96-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon, 1997. "Efficient Banking Under Interstate Branching," Departmental Working Papers 199609, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca S. Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stavros Peristiani, 1996.
"Do mergers improve the x-efficiency and scale efficiency of U.S. banks?: Evidence from the 1980s,"
9623, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Peristiani, Stavros, 1997. "Do Mergers Improve the X-Efficiency and Scale Efficiency of U.S. Banks? Evidence from the 1980s," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 326-37, August.
- Becher, David A., 2000. "The valuation effects of bank mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 189-214, July.
- Jason Karceski & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2000.
"The impact of bank consolidation on commercial borrower welfare,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
679, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jason Karceski & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2005. "The Impact of Bank Consolidation on Commercial Borrower Welfare," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(4), pages 2043-2082, 08.
- Karceski, J. & Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2000. "The Impact of Bank Consolidation on Commercial Borrower Welfare," Discussion Paper 2000-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 2004. "Special issues relating to corporate governance and family control," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3406, The World Bank.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 1988. "The Determinants of Board Composition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(4), pages 589-606, Winter.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Houston, Joel F. & Ryngaert, Michael D., 1994. "The overall gains from large bank mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1155-1176, December.
- Demsetz, Rebecca S & Strahan, Philip E, 1997. "Diversification, Size, and Risk at Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 300-313, August.
- Amel, Dean & Barnes, Colleen & Panetta, Fabio & Salleo, Carmelo, 2004. "Consolidation and efficiency in the financial sector: A review of the international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 2493-2519, October.
- Paola Sapienza, 2002. "The Effects of Banking Mergers on Loan Contracts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 329-367, 02.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2002. "Information Production and Capital Allocation: Decentralized versus Hierarchical Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 1891-1921, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.