Foreign direct investment in Africa: Performance, challenges, and responsibilities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001.
"Unrestricted Market Access for Sub-Saharan Africa: How Much is it Worth and Who Pays?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001. "Unrestricted market access for Sub-Saharan Africa - How much is it worth and who pays?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2595, The World Bank.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001.
"The Regulation of Entry,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio LopezdeSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," NBER Working Papers 7892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, . "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper 19462, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper Series rwp01-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andre Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1904, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei & Lopez de Silanes, Florencio, 2001. "The regulation of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2661, The World Bank.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2002.
"FDI to Africa: The role of price stability and currency instability,"
13872, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen Reinhart & Kenneth Rogoff, 2003. "FDI to Africa: The Role of Price Stability and Currency Instability," IMF Working Papers 03/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Asiedu, Elizabeth, 2002. "On the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment to Developing Countries: Is Africa Different?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 107-119, January.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-77, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Adugna Lemi & Sisay Asefa, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Uncertainty: Empirical Evidence from Africa," The African Finance Journal, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 5(1), pages 36-67.
- Ernest Aryeetey & Christopher Udry, 2000. "Saving in Sub-Saharan Africa," CID Working Papers 38, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Dani Rodrik, 1998. "Trade Policy and Economic Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," NBER Working Papers 6562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anupam Basu & Krishna Srinivasan, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment in Africa--Some Case Studies," IMF Working Papers 02/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Osakwe, Patrick N., 2006. "Emerging Issues and Concerns of African Countries in the WTO Negotiations on Agriculture and the Doha Round," MPRA Paper 1850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Egger, 2010.
"Bilateral FDI potentials for Austria,"
Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 5-17, February.
- John C. Anyanwu, 2012. "Why Does Foreign Direct Investment Go Where It Goes?: New Evidence From African Countries," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 425-462, November.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009.
"Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(4), pages 667-709, August.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2009_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & Azémar, Céline, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-23, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Roland Bardy & Stephen Drew & Tumenta Kennedy, 2012. "Foreign Investment and Ethics: How to Contribute to Social Responsibility by Doing Business in Less-Developed Countries," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(3), pages 267-282, March.
- Jean-François HOARAU, 2009. "Investissements Directs Étrangers Et Intégration Régionale : Un État Des Lieux Pour Le Marché Commun D’Afrique De L’Est Et Du Sud," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 29, pages 69-103.
- John M. Luiz & Henry Stephan, 2011. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment of South African Telecommunications Firms into Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 222, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Simplice A., Asongu, 2011.
"Law and Investment in Africa,"
34700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Anyanwu, 2011. "Working Paper 136 - Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to Africa, 1980-2007," Working Paper Series 327, African Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.